Re: The Son Returns ?????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
highland convert

Re: Is this true Shaun Edwards

Post by highland convert »

Wrong Shaun, We have harped on about top SL coaches that are in the job and can't keep up with the changes. We have a coach at the club that is working under THE MAN. Now we want a former golden boy that has not coached RL for six years. Before that a couple of spells at broncos. Wane for me by a country mile,
Jim
Wes

Post by Wes »

So far it seems to be the only place with the story, I for one hope it is only a story, if its true I'm now not happy!
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

I would love this to be true!!! Its like what as happend at Liverpool with King Kenny!!!

Shuan Wane will be Wigan 1st Team coach one day. I think if madge would have stayed for the full 3 years then i think he would have been ready to take over.

In MR IL we trust!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Lets hope SkySports is on the money, usually they dont print unless its certain!

Anyone who thinks Edwards is suited to coaching Wigan now for 2012- are delusional and are living in dream land one day maybe but not now!

Personally I would much rather IL ask Waney if he is ready and confident to make the step up if Waney says yes with belief then thats the man for me!

I would need to see Edwards with Some one like Widnes first and I think a spell as an assistant down under would do him no harm at all!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

wiggydoran wrote:I would love this to be true!!! Its like what as happend at Liverpool with King Kenny!!!
Hardly. Liverpool were hovering above the relegation zone when Dalglish came back. We need to pick on the basis of proven ability, not romantic sentiment!
Wes

Post by Wes »

It would be a media coup yes and one the game could benefit from but Im happy if Waney takes the job hes served as a good apprentice for me not just under MM but working his way up through the youth team etc.

If Waney wanted Edwards as his assistant fair enough but the head coach should have a big say on his assistant as well as the club.

I am all for having local coaches running our club too but an interesting point is if we say took Edwards as Waneys assistant once Waney was done would Edwards be competitative with the Aussie young guns who come over to make their mark?

I think our next big assistant needs to be spending time overseas to keep on top of their game, as they say sports is a science and science is always improving!

Waney has learned from MM who IMO is one of the elites at understanding sports science so our next assistant needs to learn from Waney and other coaches and sports to keep us 1 step ahead.
Kiwiseddon

Re: The Son Returns ?????

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Seems to be a bit of a sensationalist story as per The Sun. He'd already ruled himself out this time. A few years and then yes but not now.

I'm fairly confident that it will be Wane.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."