Bratfut V Wigan: My blood pressure is sky high!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
t'old one

Re: Bratfut V Wigan: My blood pressure is sky high!

Post by t'old one »

We were really lucky today. Alright moaning about Ganson not giving us a penalty for Rayners tackle on Tomkins but we got away with murder. Our last two tries came from clear forward passes. Bring on the Stains Wolves or Whinos.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

When Farrel scored with 10 minutes to go, there wasn't one iota of enthusiasm amongst the whole team and this was a "get out of jail" card. Very dissapointed with that display today, even tho' we won.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

cpwigan wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Ganson and TV does not work. Mind you John Kear, Ray French, Brian Noble and Jiffy Davies hang your heads in shame.
I agree with Ganson and Kear but what did Noble and Davies do wrong? I missed most of the half time antics.
Kept offering excuses for Raynor. Sorry but he knew what he was doing IMO. He stiffened the arm, made a punching contact so this notion he tried to strip the ball is embarassing. If you try to strip the ball IMO you envelop the ball carrier whereas Raynor practically ran past him after stiff arming Sam. How the little bugger kept hold to score I will never know.

Something like that happens and Gasnson is threatening to send Joel off. Grow up you fat controller. He hammered Wigan re penalties and even miscounted saying he had given 7 when it was 6. His tone at one point to a player was out of order.
I thought he handled Joel very well, just told Lockers to take him away.
If Joel had done anything, Ganson would have had no choice but to send him off.
Imagine if it was a Leeds player doing the same against Wigan. We would be baying for blood if a player attacked one of our lads after an incident.
The two major things Ganson got wrong were not giving an eight point try, and binning Lima for nothing. Everything else was pretty spot on.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
t'old one

Post by t'old one »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote: I agree with Ganson and Kear but what did Noble and Davies do wrong? I missed most of the half time antics.
Kept offering excuses for Raynor. Sorry but he knew what he was doing IMO. He stiffened the arm, made a punching contact so this notion he tried to strip the ball is embarassing. If you try to strip the ball IMO you envelop the ball carrier whereas Raynor practically ran past him after stiff arming Sam. How the little bugger kept hold to score I will never know.

Something like that happens and Gasnson is threatening to send Joel off. Grow up you fat controller. He hammered Wigan re penalties and even miscounted saying he had given 7 when it was 6. His tone at one point to a player was out of order.
I thought he handled Joel very well, just told Lockers to take him away.
If Joel had done anything, Ganson would have had no choice but to send him off.
Imagine if it was a Leeds player doing the same against Wigan. We would be baying for blood if a player attacked one of our lads after an incident.
The two major things Ganson got wrong were not giving an eight point try, and binning Lima for nothing. Everything else was pretty spot on.
So we expect to get away with the two forward passes for our last two tries!! Luckily Ganson is a numpty and the BBC wanted us to get through otherwise we would have lost today!!
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

t'old one wrote:We were really lucky today. Alright moaning about Ganson not giving us a penalty for Rayners tackle on Tomkins but we got away with murder. Our last two tries came from clear forward passes. Bring on the Stains Wolves or Whinos.
I thought the forward pass rule had been abandoned, or at least that's the way it seems this season.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Just got back,we were awful.Lucky to be through.Forwards made no ground at all.I have supported lima but he really is not improving.Coley not at his best.MM getting worse, thank god for lockers.Finch was our best back but that is not saying much.I know we lost Sam but against 12 men? Very disappointed.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Where was the crowd? 5,600 on today - appauling. More Wigan than Bradford it seemed.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
t'old one wrote:We were really lucky today. Alright moaning about Ganson not giving us a penalty for Rayners tackle on Tomkins but we got away with murder. Our last two tries came from clear forward passes. Bring on the Stains Wolves or Whinos.
I thought the forward pass rule had been abandoned, or at least that's the way it seems this season.
Good job too! The first try for Au Van came from a blatant forward pass (that was never dwelt or even questioned upon - a sure sign it was badly forward). Did you see how far he had to reach for that pass from Jeffries? Even their first try appeared forward from Lynch to Whitehead.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

ancientnloyal wrote:Where was the crowd? 5,600 on today - appauling. More Wigan than Bradford it seemed.
50% more at least.

I think people are underestimating how much the loss of Sam cost us tbh. Given a choice of having 2 Raynors and 13 players or 1 Sam and 12 you'd go for 12 any day of the week. The consensus among the press is that he was going for the ball, from what I saw on the big screen and from a few texts I got from some Hull fans I know it was a shocker and a 3 match ban. Which is it and how much is the fact it was Sam that was flattened clouding their judgment?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:Awful game, very poor conditions, abysmal refereeing. I hope somebody can explain the none 8 point try because that was a clear 8 pointer IMO. The blind eye officiating was a disgrace.

1985, our toughest match was at Odsal, 7-6 IIRC. Even watched a 2-0 at CP in the Cup v them.
Two of my friends are qualified referees and say you cannot issue a red card without awarding a penalty. I reckon we were denied a clear 2 points which could have been vital!