Degale vs Groves place ya bets!

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Degale vs Groves place ya bets!

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

elbow twice and shoulder should have been at least 1 point off degale!

Was a close fight and would of been easily scored either way i like GP had groves by a round or two but it was close.

Like i said in my very first post (yes the smugness is coming! lol) problem is with warren products they get that used to fighting bums that they have no plan b for fighters who wont just crumple the minute they open up.

For what its worth i think Groves would lose a rematch, even though i think he'd be more confident i feel degale has the tools to trouble him he just didnt know how to use them because he is that used to bowling over nobodies!

Having said that george didnt sit down on his punches i think he had more power to spare but chose a gameplan (a very effective gameplan) and stuck to it.

It should sound out a stark warning to warren products that the fights they have DO NOT prepare them for whats out there at a higher level. Warren is interested in one thing only, a zero next to your loss column the longer that zero's there the more money he earns.

Did anyone watch cleverlys fight? a JOKE! stopped far too early for nothing because nathan was troubled early

This fight however did restore my faith in boxing a little i half expected a massive win to degale with it being a warren fight but the judges cards were as honest as ive seen in a long time

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

A draw would have been as fair and the best result IMO. You could make a case for either as the winner. I hope neither avoid a rematch. Well Matched Trilogy Fights can make fighters careers, even if they lose. Rivalry sells boxing.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Hmmm well done Wigan Forever you called it right, personally I had DeGale 1 round up but because of the shoulder and elbow thought it deserved a draw. IMO Groves stuck to an excellent game plan however I was expecting more from these 2 I was dissapointed at the end and not because of the result. In one round DeGale stood back to let Groves come forward and he wouldnt it was an awful round of boxing (far too much clinching too their was no inside boxing at all), when DeGale turned it on he was far superior and troubled Groves but he left it too late. IMO these 2 will both be british greats and I too hope it can turn into a trilogy however if it does they both need to not respect each other quite as much if that makes sense.

Yes agree Clevs fight was a farce and funtime was awful, fight of the night was Saunders he looked awesome I would like to see him with a worthy opponent who can pressure him instead of standing and taking but still he looked good. The only thing I could say about Saunders is he looks like he carries too much puppy fat.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the biggest compliment one can pay to Groves is defensively he was outstanding. He made it impossible for Degale to plant his feet and choose when he was going to throw punches which in some ways a failing of Degale who needs to be more decisive and spend less time posturing. Far too often Groves made Degale miss or pause and not throw. Degale is the better boxer skill wise IMO but Groves was tactically superior on the night with his movement. A draw IMO.