We missed Gaz Hock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
waterside glens

Re: We missed Gaz Hock

Post by waterside glens »

Much as i hate to say it ,i am very impressed with the saints kids.As for Gaz Hock can't wait to see him on the pitch again
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

29wes28 wrote:Meds you dont go bad over night it may take a few month to get back into things but no doubt he will, if anything his body hasnt been in battles every week in some sense the break may have done him more good than harm.

I dont think those 2 changes are plugging gaps if Joel continues to progress and becomes a good centre then thats fine if he doesnt progress at the end of the season buy a centre, its simple but dont overlook what we have first as some of our kids are the best in the league.

As for Coley, Mossop and Preccy are more than adequate replacements.

We've plenty of props coming through, the problem is unearthing quality centres. We need to enter the market if the team is to progress. Joel is a top class backrow forward that we are trying to convert into a threequarter it simply wouldn't happen in Australia. The problem is that at the moment he is our best option by a country mile!

Imagine if we replaced Barrett with and or Tim Smith with another Aussie instead of giving that kid Sam Tomkins a chance.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
OJ

Post by OJ »

One person we do seem to be missing is Martin Gleeson but he is gone and we will re-group sooner rather than later
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

OJ wrote:One person we do seem to be missing is Martin Gleeson but he is gone and we will re-group sooner rather than later
I agree re Gleeson.Charnley and Goulding are not the answer IMO
deancartwright1990

Post by deancartwright1990 »

agreed joel is doing a good job but is not a natural center like goulding who isnt the greatest center but is a half decent player think he should go back 2 nd row next ye sign 3 centers hock to prop dnt forget we have o carroll back next year ... possibly lol
RJ

Post by RJ »

I agree with Meds in that some people are regarding Hock as the next messiah. I hope he does fit in straight away but I don't see why he should be expected to perform straight out of the box any more than anyone else.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Even if he is bouncing fit Gaz Hock will need time to re-adjust and settle in, it wont be a quick easy fix.