why are we scared?!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sheepsteeth

why are we scared?!!!

Post by sheepsteeth »

why are some people terrified of Warrington?

we're the champions for gods sake!!!

they're playing well at the minute but i think we're finally starting to fire (yesterday was a blip)

our early season form was down to injuries and the world club game.

we've lost 2 games they've lost 4 so who's harder to beat.

c'mon the Warriors!!!!!
cumbria_warrior

Re: why are we scared?!!!

Post by cumbria_warrior »

I agree, wire were playing as well at points last year, but WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, we should win our game in hand so it will be play catch up time again for the rest, On our day we can beat anyone, we have had a few blips (warrington being one of them) but we have not got a history like ours from being bothered about playing anyone. We are Wigan, we are where all other clubs and fans want to be, We will do it again!

COME ON WIGAN!!!!!
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Some of us are scared of Warrington because:

Yesterday we struggled against 12 man Bradford.
The players have an annoying habit of switching
off when they get in front and almost allow the opposition
to beat them.
they often make hard work of beating lowly teams(no offence
to lowly teams)
Yes we are champions and can beat anyone on our day, it's just that often you can't tell when that is going to be.These are my concerns and i'm sure some people agree with me
Warrington can't keep it up for much longer, the bubble
will burst,I just want Wigan to burst it!
COME ON WIGAN! We are all behind you whatever
happens...Phew! :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
OJ

Post by OJ »

What winky one said :)

I am not terrified of them but there is no doubting they are more ruthless than us at the moment - regardless of the opposition. I think we have a much better all round squad when we are firing on all cylinders so a lot depends on what injuries both teams have at the time and whether we turn up mentally on the day. Hard to know which team will want it most cos we are overdue a visit to Wembley but their fans truly believe they are going to bring the cup back 3 years on the bounce so it will be squeaky bum time for all players (and fans!) and finally I really would have to move if they beat us so get in there Wigan!
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Wes

Post by Wes »

The reason people are scared of Wire is because they are a good team but also they are our bogey team, that said Im glad we are playing them away!

Our home record against them is awful, but in their back yard its pretty good.

As people are pointing out, the Wire are on fire at the minute but they arnt playing much competition (no offence to other teams)but they are catching teams at the right time.

The key to beating Wire is win the forward battle, last time we played them they had the better pack but IMO if we have Hock, Fielden and Hanson back by then with some match fitness we will turn them over in their back yard no problem!

If our forwards are not firing, well thats when it can become difficult ............

Wigan all the way!
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

I'm sure Warrington and their fans aren't delighted to draw us either. The two teams that everyone else wanted to avoid.

We need to concentrate on playing our own game, and also hope there's a strong ref in charge.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

29wes28 wrote:The reason people are scared of Wire is because they are a good team but also they are our bogey team, that said Im glad we are playing them away!

Our home record against them is awful, but in their back yard its pretty good.
As people are pointing out, the Wire are on fire at the minute but they arnt playing much competition (no offence to other teams)but they are catching teams at the right time.

The key to beating Wire is win the forward battle, last time we played them they had the better pack but IMO if we have Hock, Fielden and Hanson back by then with some match fitness we will turn them over in their back yard no problem!

If our forwards are not firing, well thats when it can become difficult ............

Wigan all the way!
We've only beaten them once in competitive rugby at the HJ!

That aside we shouldn't fear them but respect the fact that they are playing well. If we want to win competitions then we have to be able to beat any team put in front of us whether Wire, Stains, Whinos, Cruasaders, etc.

The other option is for IL to get on the phone to the Wire chairman and tell him we aren't turning up on the day so you have a bye.

Stop the whinging and get on with supporting!!!!!!
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Wow HG you seem to aim that at me, show me 1 part of my posting which is whinging, I gave my constructive opinion lol I may of been off with the record which you corrected (thank you) but I believe my post to be true in the sense that to beat Warrington you have to nullify their forwards.

To quote myself "The key to beating Wire is win the forward battle, last time we played them they had the better pack but IMO if we have Hock, Fielden and Hanson back by then with some match fitness we will turn them over in their back yard no problem!"

Haha Im fully supportive and to win the comp you have to beat the best wether thats in the 1st round, quarters or final but not every game is going to be straight forward, thats the beauty of RL!

Now question for you HG have you just posted yourself whinging at my post?

"Rhetorical"

HG stop your whinging and start supporting!

HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

29wes28 wrote:Wow HG you seem to aim that at me, show me 1 part of my posting which is whinging, I gave my constructive opinion lol I may of been off with the record which you corrected (thank you) but I believe my post to be true in the sense that to beat Warrington you have to nullify their forwards.

To quote myself "The key to beating Wire is win the forward battle, last time we played them they had the better pack but IMO if we have Hock, Fielden and Hanson back by then with some match fitness we will turn them over in their back yard no problem!"

Haha Im fully supportive and to win the comp you have to beat the best wether thats in the 1st round, quarters or final but not every game is going to be straight forward, thats the beauty of RL!

Now question for you HG have you just posted yourself whinging at my post?

"Rhetorical"

HG stop your whinging and start supporting!
Wes - I have to apologise. The reason I quoted you was because of the error on our record at the HJ.

The whinging snipe was at the other people on here who seem to fear Wire - if thats the case we may as well throw in the towel now!!
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Thank you, apology accepted, IMO we will turn them over, Bradford was hard because the ref made it hard the wind was insane and to be fair to Bradford it was their best performance of the season IMO.

It will be interesting to see who the Wire play for the 4 games leading upto it because I have said before the Wire struggle with consistency after strong opponents.