Jonny Walker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Jonny Walker

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:I wouldn't necessarily read too much into the helicopter arriving. When calling the Emergency Services, the operator has to make a decision based on the information given. Any suggestion of a neck injury usually brings the Air Ambulance out. In the meantime, instructions are not to move the injured person. This inevitable delay obviously adds to the concern off the pitch.

A few years ago, it came out for one of our Under 14 players. The lad played the following week!

Hopefully by tomorrow, Jonny will have been given a new nickname!
KW, if you had seen the incident you wouldn't have been so flippant about it. It was very scary at the time for the players, the fans & most of all his parents who were there.

Thankfully he is going to be fine, but it could have been a lot lot worse!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Josie. I wasn't being flippant, merely pointing out that the Air Ambulance doesn't always mean a serious outcome, it is invariably the Energency Services playing it safe. As would seem to have been the case on this occasion, thankfully!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Fair enough, apologies to you.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:Fair enough, apologies to you.
No, you made a fair point. That big yellow helicopter makes everyone nervous, especially after the increased tension waiting for it to arrive. Its not a sight I ever again want to see on a sports pitch!
Jake

Post by Jake »

So glad to here Jonny is OK,hate to here about injuries like this to any player.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Speedy recovery Jonny. :eusa2:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

josie andrews wrote:Just had a text from assistant coach, Jonny is fine thankfully :)

He can't remember anything but did say when he found he was strapped to the stretcher being carried to the chopper

"What's going on, get me off this thing, it's fu****g embarrassing"!!

Glad to see he still had a sense of humour :)
Jonny was in the lounge early doors Josie, he looked great and was chatting, smiling and laughing with people at the bar.
Could have been a lot worse off by all acounts.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Just had a text from assistant coach, Jonny is fine thankfully :)

He can't remember anything but did say when he found he was strapped to the stretcher being carried to the chopper

Jonny was in the lounge early doors Josie, he looked great and was chatting, smiling and laughing with people at the bar.
Can always be worse PM. There was a tackle in the Hull/Griants game where the players legs went over the horizontal and he landed on the ground between his shoulder blades. That's the closest I've seen to a broken neck in a long time!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Panchitta Marra wrote:

Glad about that :)