South Stand Incident Monday Night

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Another Idiot in the South Stand

Post by josie andrews »

mike binder wrote:stewards are jobsworhts with a job to do , no offence could he not remember because he was alchol fueled r because he took a bump to his head.
I did say sometimes Mike!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

warrior49 wrote:Dear wm_warrior

Whilst I accept that I do not know the full facts rgarding your friends situation, I do object to your aggressive tone in your feeble attempt to respond to others making rspectable comments.

So please take your pathetic responses elsewhere.
He has apologised!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

It's about time that the Club did something about the drunken element at the rear of the South Stand.

UnsungPanapa

Post by UnsungPanapa »

Not good especially from my point of view as i took 26 parents and 26 kids to their first ever game of rugby league, we were sat in the corner of the east stand so they got a good view of it, just what i need i had to work really hard to get them there to start with, telling them how its not like football and its a great family atmosphere, only for an idiot to spoil it, luckily the kids soon forgot about it but i bet the parents didn't.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Its a downside of a 6 o'clock kick off on a Bank Holiday. Saw on Twitter that some people were planning to start their day out at lunchtime!
wm_warrior

Re: South Stand Incident Monday Night

Post by wm_warrior »

He did not head butt a female steward!
Wigan warriors 2010 engage superleague champions

slimshady

Post by slimshady »

In my opinion some of the stewards at the game are a real pain. They seem to enjoy provoking people to try and get a reaction, I think they tend to use the warriors games to practice how to handle certain situations so they are prepared for the idiots who watch football.
wm_warrior

Post by wm_warrior »

Spot on S.S they do the same thing week in week out , myself and my mate got chucked out at the warrington game for trying to return to our seats , they want us to disturb people who are watching the match and make they stand up to get back to our seats. fair enough if your not sat on the top row like myself but there is no harm in going across the back to get to my seat :/
Wigan warriors 2010 engage superleague champions

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The stewards also IMO treat home supporters worse than away spectators. You do wonder if they receive any training in terms of dealing with people.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Who'se responsibility is it to provide stewards? I wonder if it is part of the DW stadium package! if this is correct I agree there has not been any training at all.