Salford ground-share with Sale

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Salford ground-share with Sale

Post by ancientnloyal »

IMO a good decision if it comes to light. Great stadium it'll be and would give Salford a bit more cash which is always a god thing for our game. Still I think that Sale will go bust within the next 10 years.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Re: Salford ground-share with Sale

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal wrote:IMO a good decision if it comes to light. Great stadium it'll be and would give Salford a bit more cash which is always a god thing for our game. Still I think that Sale will go bust within the next 10 years.
I presume Salford went into this without a ground share being necessary. If so giving a club that is part of the enemy camp a better ground and facilities seems to be not what we want as a sport.

Sale get quite a few fans from here in Chester. I am sure if Sale want to share with Salford they think they can increase attendances further. Not sure why we would want to help them do that as a sport. They always seem to be sniffing around our young players.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Sale are considering a possible move to Super League club Salford City Reds' new £26million stadium, Sharks owner Brian Kennedy has confirmed.

Although the Sharks are committed to playing at their current home - Stockport's Edgeley Park - next season, the 12,000-capacity City of Salford Stadium is a potential alternative beyond that.

The ground is currently under construction and due to be opened next February at a site just off the M60 opposite the Trafford Centre.
Aviva Premiership club Sale are also exploring a possible three-way redevelopment of Edgeley Park between the Sharks, Stockport County and Stockport Council.

"We are weighing up all the possibilities, and there are clearly possibilities in Salford as well as with Edgeley Park and elsewhere. There are a lot of things to consider," owner Kennedy told the Manchester Evening News.

"However, we are not yet ready to make a decision and we've also got to consider seriously what is right for Stockport County, because that is important to us.

"We are in the process of working on some initiatives that will help Stockport and hopefully give them the best chance of getting back up into League Two.

"So all these things are a factor right now and are in the boiling pot. Hopefully, we will come up with some initiatives over the next month or so.

"But clearly Salford is one option that we are considering very seriously, and it's one that the powers that be are keen on. We are in the process of discussions and negotiations, and we don't know where that is going to end."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 78,00.html

Sale hanging on to the RL coat-tails it looks like, signing RL players and now wanting to ground share also, why not go the whole way and switch codes?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not 100% convinced there is anything but paper talk in this. Only because the owner of Sale owns Stockports Ground. Stockport have been relegated from the FL and without Sale that Stadia will be bringing in very little money.

Personally, I think United Reserves or FC United would be a better share.