Rumour - Is Gleeson coming to Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Rumour - Is Gleeson coming to Wigan

Post by the pieman »

Thought I'd introduce myself with a bit of speculation

Chatting to one of my old school buds this morning whilst dropping our daughters off at school and were discussing teams fortunes / misfortunes over recent weeks

He has heard from a good source??? that Wigan are in the running for Martin Gleeson. Apparently were interested last season but Saints would not sell to Wigan

On the ripping up of season tickets I'm with the majority, already looking forward to renewing for next year and a successful finish to this season. Would be very happy with top six finish, which is still very realistic if the guys can start getting it together

:) :)
GeoffN

Re: Rumour - Is Gleeson coming...

Post by GeoffN »

the pieman posted:
He has heard from a good source??? that Wigan are in the running for Martin Gleeson. Apparently were interested last season but Saints would not sell to Wigan
I realise that contracts aren't exactly iron-clad these days, but it would cost a lot to buy off 3 years of his (undoubtedly high-paying) contract from Wire, even assuming they would sell (given the success they're now enjoying) - I know he's one of the best centres around, but is he worth that much?
AFAIK, they don't need the money.
wiresphs

Re: Rumour - Is Gleeson co...

Post by wiresphs »

:lol: "YAWN"! You pie eaters really are a bunch of "FICKLE SAD SACKS" arent you! One minute Millward the mouth is a no-good imported scouse 2@. The next he is the next best thing to Jehovah himself. The saviour of the "FALLEN PIES"! The bringer of everything that "IS AND WAS" StHelens, in the hope of regaining long lost success. There is more chance of Dennis Betts becoming a "GOOD" RL coach, (NOT)!
Ive got a good idea for you all, why dont you try to build your "OWN" team instead of trying to inherit success? As has been stated, it would cost you an arm and a leg to buy Gleeson out of his Three year contract at a "BIG" up and coming club, money that could be better spent by Whelan, on the Latics venture in to the premiership. :lol:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wiresphs posted:

Ive got a good idea for you all, why dont you try to build your "OWN" team instead of trying to inherit success?
And where did Gleeson and Briers come from in the first place? Any other players been brought in from other clubs?

Muppet.

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Don't feed the trolls. :wink:
wiresphs

Post by wiresphs »

DaveO posted:
wiresphs posted:

Ive got a good idea for you all, why dont you try to build your "OWN" team instead of trying to inherit success?
And where did Gleeson and Briers come from in the first place? Any other players been brought in from other clubs?

Muppet.

Dave
DaveO posted:
wiresphs posted:

Muppet.

Dave
DaveO posted:
wiresphs posted:

Muppet.

Dave
:wink: "Fair comment", But Briers signed in 1997, Gleeson signed in 2004, there is a Seven year gap inbetween these signings, hardly a sign of trying to "INHERIT" success im sure you would agree! In the not too distant past, the names of Sculthorpe, Cunningham, Wellens, Albert, Lyon along with Martin Gleeson and Martine Gleeson, (whoever she is), have all been mentioned on this board, if that isnt a desperate sign of fans wanting to "INHERIT" lost success and benefit from another clubs misfortune, then i dont know what is!
"Oh and GeoffN, i neither possess magical powers nor live in a Scandinavian cave"! :lol:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

wiresphs posted:
:lol: "YAWN"! You pie eaters really are a bunch of "FICKLE SAD SACKS" arent you! One minute Millward the mouth is a no-good imported scouse 2@. The next he is the next best thing to Jehovah himself. The saviour of the "FALLEN PIES"! The bringer of everything that "IS AND WAS" StHelens, in the hope of regaining long lost success. There is more chance of Dennis Betts becoming a "GOOD" RL coach, (NOT)!
Ive got a good idea for you all, why dont you try to build your "OWN" team instead of trying to inherit success? As has been stated, it would cost you an arm and a leg to buy Gleeson out of his Three year contract at a "BIG" up and coming club, money that could be better spent by Whelan, on the Latics venture in to the premiership. :lol:
What a sad individual.

Can you imaginge getting Alex Ferguson in his prime as a coach. We do not need to iomagine we just got the equivalalnt on a free.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Can you imaginge getting Alex Ferguson
Don't start about Fergie.
Took him 3 yrs to win the cup.
7 yrs to win the league.
13 yrs to win Euro cup.

He wouldn't get that time at Wigan. :) :)

Only joking . Honestly!

My typing finger is beginning to ache! :)
wiresphs

Post by wiresphs »

:lol: If you would like to see some "SAD INDIVIDUALS", then go back a couple of days on "THIS VERY MESSAGE BOARD"! And take note of all the Wigoon fans that were kicking up fu** that the "EQUIVALENT OF ALEX FERGUSON" as you so eloquently put it, was even being mentioned in the same breath as your "ONCE" great club! "Quote" FICKLE - meaning = "WIGOON FANS"!
"Oh yes",i will show you sad, What on earth does "IMAGINGE AND IOMAGINE" mean sonny jim, Sad is obviously the level of education in the Wigoon area, "THATS WHAT SAD IS GIMBLE"! :lol:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

So are you saying that Saints are a one man team and that one man is their coach?
If not I'd like to know who else in our team is an ex Saints player, because I would say that most of our team are local (wiganers) which is a lot more than any other team in Superleague can say.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!