Brough Injured? sense of karma maybe?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Brough Injured? sense of karma maybe?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 505583.stm

As i said in another post never nice to see a player get injured but maybe there is a sense of karma here after turning his back on scotland, maybe by the time of the four nations his form will have dropped and he will have to go back cap in hand to the scots if he wants to play rep football
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wes

Re: Brough Injured? sense of karma maybe?

Post by Wes »

To look at it from a different angle, Brough got snubbed by England so Scotland hand him a place should he have taken it? Yes of course all sports stars aspire to play on the international stage. He comes into favour for England and gets the call should he take the opportunity? Yes of course he should hes English, born in yorkshire its what he dreamed of as a kid. How many Aussies play for Fiji when they are overlooked, Paddy plays for Ireland so does Grix Preccy and OCarroll if they got the nod Id bet they would take it.

Hayne played for fiji in the world cup Id bet hell play for Aus before he retires!
Wigan_forever1985

personally i disagree with chopping and changing your national team so simply. In my view makes a mockery of our already rubbish international scene.

From my point of view if im Brough and English i fight to be in the English team if i cant get in then i should go away and work on my game till i get the chance not jump ship to a lesser team and then jump back again when my form picks up otherwise how is the international game any different from club level really? im sure we can find thurston some english relatives.

I agree it happens my problem is it shouldnt!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:personally i disagree with chopping and changing your national team so simply. In my view makes a mockery of our already rubbish international scene.

From my point of view if im Brough and English i fight to be in the English team if i cant get in then i should go away and work on my game till i get the chance not jump ship to a lesser team and then jump back again when my form picks up otherwise how is the international game any different from club level really? im sure we can find thurston some english relatives.

I agree it happens my problem is it shouldnt!
Totaly agree with you and i for one wouldnt go to watch Brough if Scotland did give him another chance. Mind you i think Thurston has a Scottish Grannie :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Wes

Post by Wes »

Its no good blaming the players they just want to play if you where in there shoes you probably would too, think about that before you oppose, you love rugby you want to play on every level and you get the opportunity to, its not the kind of thing to turn down! Maybe its the rules and regs that should be frowned upon not the players!
Wigan_forever1985

bloody mickey mac is at it now!
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

Hayne's played Aus already. Unfortunatley with the way our international system is, this is going to keep happening, especially at world cups. Every player wants to play in it so will go with the best team they can get into. The smaller teams never get enough games and there's no profile for them so players at the start of their career will play for them before they're good enough to play for Aus and will then jump ship. A Fiji side with Civoneciva, Tuqiri, Hayne, Uate, Simms etc. would be pretty exciting for example but they'll always opt for Aus once they're in the picture.