Rumour - Is Gleeson coming to Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiresphs

Re: Rumour - Is Gleeson co...

Post by wiresphs »

:) On the contrary Mrs Lam, "firstly may i say what an utter pleasure it is to be in debate with a person revered on RL message boards, such as yourself"!
I am merely trying to emphasize two points, (albeit with a smidgen of sarcasm).
A)- It would cost yourselves an astronomical amount of money to buy Martin out of his contract at Warrington, would it not? As Wire really dont need the cash. (Could that money not be better spent)?
B) - You must be congratulated on securing the services of "undoubtedly the best coach Superleague has seen to date", but some of your fans need to take a deep breath, take stock of the situation and realize that this does not also mean that your club will automatically secure the services of StHelens top players.
"WIRE WILL GET THEM FIRST"! (only joking), their top players might actually be happy with the club they are presently at!
Finally, i will try to cut out "some" of the sarcasm in my posts, but some of the people on this forum really nead to stop rising to the bait!
"Have a nice evening mrs Lam"! :wink:
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Gleeson??.get real!

I'm very confident that you pies will be completely embarrassed against the Stains and you will be very lucky to make it into the top 6 play-offs.

:eusa: Saint Ian
:eusa10: Mo(Amen)
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

wiresphs posted:
:lol: If you would like to see some "SAD INDIVIDUALS", then go back a couple of days on "THIS VERY MESSAGE BOARD"! And take note of all the Wigoon fans that were kicking up fu** that the "EQUIVALENT OF ALEX FERGUSON" as you so eloquently put it, was even being mentioned in the same breath as your "ONCE" great club! "Quote" FICKLE - meaning = "WIGOON FANS"!
"Oh yes",i will show you sad, What on earth does "IMAGINGE AND IOMAGINE" mean sonny jim, Sad is obviously the level of education in the Wigoon area, "THATS WHAT SAD IS GIMBLE"! :lol:
we get rid of wnac and along comes this clampit.this wind up stuff has all been done before ,so run along and play you sad little git
pienear

Post by pienear »

MrsLam posted:
So are you saying that Saints are a one man team and that one man is their coach?
If not I'd like to know who else in our team is an ex Saints player, because I would say that most of our team are local (wiganers) which is a lot more than any other team in Superleague can say.
Still dont like the idea of having a cheating aussie pseudo scouse on our side. I think that he will bring a lot of dirty laundry with him. Can you really believe that the stains would sack him for just 'swearing'. IMHO the real reason has been buried. Just hope it doesn't reappear for us. As for Scully, Gleeson, Long etc - I.M. likes to have his little clique of blue eyes around him so it stands to reason that he will try to bring in his buddies. just hope he doesnt try to get the cherry hoops changed to a V. As it is he seems to have the board nicely under his control already do you never know....

PS I never did like his cheating tactics - I have been told that he is a firm believer in hitting kickers off the ball and used to give hooper the job of taking out Lam by all and any means..... nuff said.
TRICKY DICKY

Re: Rumour - Is Gleeson coming...

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Wigan will make a bid for martin gleeson in the off season.

It will be a player plus cash deal.

WILL WIRE BE TEMPTED?
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

wiresphs posted:
:lol: If you would like to see some "SAD INDIVIDUALS", then go back a couple of days on "THIS VERY MESSAGE BOARD"! And take note of all the Wigoon fans that were kicking up fu** that the "EQUIVALENT OF ALEX FERGUSON" as you so eloquently put it, was even being mentioned in the same breath as your "ONCE" great club! "Quote" FICKLE - meaning = "WIGOON FANS"!
"Oh yes",i will show you sad, What on earth does "IMAGINGE AND IOMAGINE" mean sonny jim, Sad is obviously the level of education in the Wigoon area, "THATS WHAT SAD IS GIMBLE"! :lol:
What sad is your attempt at been a wigger. Its so sad that education is wasted on am individual like yourself. You might think your cool but your an idiot who needs to go back to elemantary scholl to learn english.

Oh and by the way u prat english is my second language my first is Welsh. You see im better in a foreign language than you are at your first.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

wiresphs posted:
:) On the contrary Mrs Lam, "firstly may i say what an utter pleasure it is to be in debate with a person revered on RL message boards, such as yourself"!
I am merely trying to emphasize two points, (albeit with a smidgen of sarcasm).
A)- It would cost yourselves an astronomical amount of money to buy Martin out of his contract at Warrington, would it not? As Wire really dont need the cash. (Could that money not be better spent)?
B) - You must be congratulated on securing the services of "undoubtedly the best coach Superleague has seen to date", but some of your fans need to take a deep breath, take stock of the situation and realize that this does not also mean that your club will automatically secure the services of StHelens top players.
"WIRE WILL GET THEM FIRST"! (only joking), their top players might actually be happy with the club they are presently at!
Finally, i will try to cut out "some" of the sarcasm in my posts, but some of the people on this forum really nead to stop rising to the bait!
"Have a nice evening mrs Lam"! :wink:
Nice to see your mum now types for you.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
Can you imaginge getting Alex Ferguson
Don't start about Fergie.
Took him 3 yrs to win the cup.
7 yrs to win the league.
13 yrs to win Euro cup.

He wouldn't get that time at Wigan. :) :)

Only joking . Honestly!

My typing finger is beginning to ache! :)
Ok you have a point but he had a Liverpoll dominating everything in site. There is no dominante force in SL and inside 2 years we will be a force again. At least we will win things before the Wolves and the other also rans which we threatened to become.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wiresphs posted:
top players might actually be happy with the club they are presently at!
They might. And they might not be. That applies to Gleeson at Wire as well.

He may have a three year contract but don't forget Farrell had two years to run on his here at Wigan.

Farrell left because circumstances changed and he wanted out.

Now Millward is at Wigan and at a club that would happily recrute Gleeson (who is rumoured to have wanted to come here in the first place but was prevented from doing so by Saints).

So how about the scenario that Gleeson asks to be released from his contract (as Farrell did) due to a new opportunity presenting itself that wasn't available to him when he signed for Wire?

Money is no object to Wigan, we could do with replacing Aspinwall with Gleeson (player + cash deal) and so it might not be as far fetched as you might think.

After all if someone had said to you Farrell would be an RU player and Millward would be Wigan's coach at the start of the season you would have laughed at them.

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:
Now Millward is at Wigan and at a club that would happily recrute Gleeson (who is rumoured to have wanted to come here in the first place but was prevented from doing so by Saints).

So how about the scenario that Gleeson asks to be released from his contract (as Farrell did) due to a new opportunity presenting itself that wasn't available to him when he signed for Wire?

Money is no object to Wigan, we could do with replacing Aspinwall with Gleeson (player + cash deal) and so it might not be as far fetched as you might think.

After all if someone had said to you Farrell would be an RU player and Millward would be Wigan's coach at the start of the season you would have laughed at them.

Dave
That's suddenly become even more likely with the injury to Vaealiki.