Rugby League Journal

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
BriH

Rugby League Journal

Post by BriH »

I subscribe to the Rugby League Journal edited and produced by Harry Edgar.
To quote the front page "For fans who don't want to forget".
It contains lots of articles and photographs of RL in the '60's and onwards, as well as articles.Maybe, because of my age, (coming up to 70), I might find it more interesting than some of the younger readers but I do think there is something for everybody.
The reason why I am mentioning this is because it has limited outlets - mainly shops.
I should emphasise most strongly that I have no commercial interest in the magazine whatsoever. I am trying to do my old buddy Harry a favour by giving his mag a wider audience.
It costs £2.50 per mag.
Details can be found at www.rugbyleaguejournal.net
or tel 01946 817270
or PO Box 22, Egremont, Cumbria CA23 3WA
Well worth a look.
cpwigan

Re: Rugby League Journal

Post by cpwigan »

It is an excellent journal by a quality RL man. People like John Drake in charge of Harry's old publications are not fit to lick his boots.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Is this the same Harry Edgar who played for Workington in the 50's? If it is, he played with and against some really hard men in those days.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

bill.inger wrote:Is this the same Harry Edgar who played for Workington in the 50's? If it is, he played with and against some really hard men in those days.
No that was Brian Edgar. Harry launched Open Rugby at the very end of the late 70's/early 80's which he eventually sold. He also had a spell as a director at Whitehaven.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

I'll stand corrected, years are gettin' against me now. They said it would happen, sometimes faces, sometimes names,occasionally a bad speling mistake. Bill.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Thanks guys. Nice to see I'm not the only 'Old Un'!
There was Harry Archer at Town as well as Brian Edgar so the amalgamation would have been a sight to see!
I've packed in 'RL World' - a load of s...e now in my humble opinion. Bit like the RFL and the Merry Men on Sky!!!!
Harry publishes RL Journal - in his words - as a hobby! So he needs all the help he can get.
There have been some wonderful photos of the great Wigan Teams plus articles in previous editions.
Spread the word!
BriH a true Marra :D