Millward interview

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Re: Millward interview

Post by Doveoverdave »

GeoffN posted

AFAIK
Pardon my ignorance, but I keep seeing this and cannot fathom it.

Please explain.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Listened to both interviews.

Sounds like we are in for 1 hell of a shake up in terms of players. Any one know of any Saits players out of contract at the end of this season.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doveoverdave posted:
GeoffN posted

AFAIK
Pardon my ignorance, but I keep seeing this and cannot fathom it.

Please explain.
Sorry...stands for "As Far As I Know"
DaveO posted a link a while ago for common acronyms like that, eg. ROFL, IMHO, etc...but can't remember where it was now.
If you Google "usenet acronyms" it'll probably bring up lots of similar sites, though.

EDIT: here's one -
http://www.geocities.com/eedd88/abbrevi ... tml?200524
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

thegimble posted:
Listened to both interviews.

Sounds like we are in for 1 hell of a shake up in terms of players. Any one know of any Saits players out of contract at the end of this season.
Five that i know of,
1 Jason Hooper
2 Darren Albert
3 Mark Edmondson
4 John Wilkin
5 Paul Anderson
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Haven't got time to read all the posts so this might have been already mentioned, Millward was on the radio this morning (Radio1 would you believe) saying we need to but the best and if that means taking Saints out-of-contract players he will do that! HUGE hint at Scully on his way there, he's contract is up at the end of the season isn't it?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
mrs_carney posted:
so mikes got motor neurone disease? :(
:( :( :( Your in my thoughts. Good luck all the best to MG. :( :(
Absolutely!
That's the first time I've heard the proper diagnosis...instead of mysterious tropical infections and suchlike. If true, AFAIK there's no real cure.
DaveO, Stephen Hawkings is another example (the "brief history of time" chappie)
Yes is it what Duddley Moore ended up with as well or was that dementure?

BTW, have you read the Brief History of Time book? Mind boggling. Mind you I read on the BBC a while back he had changed his mind about black holes but I digress.

I was reading abont MND last night and it seems there are various forms of it. I couldn't grasp if one was "less" serious than the others but while not a great thing to diagnosed with (understatment) at least Hawking shows there is some hope of leading a productive life with the disease.

You are right there is no cure but sometimes drugs can control it a bit in 20% of cases.

Dave