Gaz Hock is back v Hudds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brad5926

Re: Gaz Hock is back v Hudds

Post by Brad5926 »

so from last nights team who do we drop to allow for Hock, I want him in the team next week for sure but for who.....Beats me! :doz:
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Brad5926 wrote:so from last nights team who do we drop to allow for Hock, I want him in the team next week for sure but for who.....Beats me! :doz:
Only cause i feel he needs the rest id say andy coley, but thats only my opinion. just hope we dont nod of for a period like we did in the second half last night, all be it just for a short period of the game.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

i see Tuson missing out next week and Hock coming off the bench. cant wait to hear the cheer for him
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

In The words of the Wedding Singer "WHOOP DE DOO"
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

I would have give him a game in the U21s and then maybe a place on the bench against Leeds if he plays ok and comes through the U21s game with no problems!
WIGAN TILL I DIE

thomo

Post by thomo »

fancy a wager on a gaz hock try - maybe even the winning trying in around the 76th minute
just hope he comes back as a second rower and not a prop
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i just wish that gaz should have been allowed playing for under 20s beginning of this month.
i remember sean long saying in pub 2 month ago that he hopes he doesnt have to play aginst him when hes back. lucky for him hes injured for rest of season.
IN WANE WE TRUST
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I can see Gaz playing a lot of interchange. Hocky has impact and the interchange should have impact. Ours currently does not have the ability to change a game. We have no forwarsd with the attacking ability of Hock. Likewise, he is an ENFORCER!!! As Long said, as Huddersfield know, Hock hurts even with ball in hand but he is not afraid to stand toe to toe with anybody.

If the rule had not been changed, I do not think we would have seen him playing first team for a month + but allowing him to train makes a huge difference.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think it would be a huge and unnecessary gamble for us to play to Hock, for loads of reasons:
- selling tickets is a distant secondary consideration to getting the best result;
- we have no idea whether Hock will take a while to adjust to play makers with whom he has never played and a new structure. It has taken Finch long enough and he has been playing competitively for he last couple of years;
- the lads that did a brilliant job on Friday deserve to go round again. One of the good things about MM is that he has generally required players to show form and earn a place. Hock waltzing back in destroys that in a shot;
- Hock was easily wound up enough when he was normally motivated, the Giants players would have a field day with him on an emotional night. He gives away enough penalties at the best of times. If, as is very likely, he makes a few mistakes and the Giants target him, then he is a penalty machine waiting to happen;
- the Giants are a very good team, who take advantage of other teams' mistakes ruthlessly. Hock is exactly the sort of player they would love to play against;
- I am far from convinced his style of play is best suited to the new world approach. He was great at a time when he and Feca were our only attacking outlets and we needed to break through defences. Now we put players through gaps and have structure to our attack, players like H can do a very good job thank you very much;
- there will be plenty of opportunities to play him against lesser teams in the weeks ahead when we will need the squad depth. Cas and Quins within a Few days springs to mind; and
- if we wait a couple of weeks he can get game time for the Under 20s and we can take proper stock.
I was going to add that the Hock I watched training in February looked far from a man who had kept himself super fit, but he could have worked hard in the last few weeks I suppose.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Exile are you sure you saw Hock. Even mid March hit fitness tests were ahead of all but small young forwards at Wigan bar Joel Tomkins.

When Madge talks about form he talks re training and playing. Madge has been quoted that Hock is training superbly.