Can we get the South Stand bouncing like Friday night?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
onedego

Can we get the South Stand bouncing like Friday night?

Post by onedego »

i think we can do it. I'll be joining in and doing my part, but one thing I did notice about the "oooooooo ooo ooo, wooooooh woooha" is how infectious it is.

Split up into 3 groups, main group at the back and two satalitte groups toward the front on either side, and it will spread. Sure you'll get the odd misery who wont join in, but if the bulk are up and singing and dancing...

:lol: :cool:
Warrriors

Re: Can we get the South Stand bouncing like Friday night?

Post by Warrriors »

Front middle of the East Stand will be joining in, I can guarantee that.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

onedego wrote:i think we can do it. I'll be joining in and doing my part, but one thing I did notice about the "oooooooo ooo ooo, wooooooh woooha" is how infectious it is.

Split up into 3 groups, main group at the back and two satalitte groups toward the front on either side, and it will spread. Sure you'll get the odd misery who wont join in, but if the bulk are up and singing and dancing...

:lol: :cool:

probably get slung out by the over enthusiastic stewards :(
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

I thought the fans were magnificent on Friday.
The younger, and should we say more enthusiastic, supporters that frequent the back of the south stand get a lot of stick on this forum but I’m sure quite a few of the ones at the stains match where the same lot and from start to finish they lifted the roof off.
As for the "oooooooo ooo ooo, wooooooh woooha" song being infectious I couldn’t agree more, it even had me and my 78 year old dad bouncing around, he’s been in bed since but with a huge smile on his face.
So come on South, East and West (well maybe not the west) stands lets raise the roof at home.
Again well done we truly where the 18th man at the Stobart and thanks for making an old, and a middle aged man very happy.
:eusa2: :eusa3: :eusa2: :eusa3:
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
missyme65

Post by missyme65 »

Ill be doing my bit in the east, just hope the derby and joan brigade around me wont be offended....
softy southerner finds the holy grail...
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I get everyone around me involved whether at home or away :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

Uncle Fester wrote:I thought the fans were magnificent on Friday.
The younger, and should we say more enthusiastic, supporters that frequent the back of the south stand get a lot of stick on this forum but I’m sure quite a few of the ones at the stains match where the same lot and from start to finish they lifted the roof off.
The good thing about the away support at a fair few away games this year has been that the young 'enthusiastic' South Standers as you call em' have linked up with other groups of fans, some in their 20's and 30's. Just by mixing a few older heads in with them we've seen the atmosphere lift this year and not a hint of trouble or myther.
GBH

Post by GBH »

Jimmy Birts wrote:
The good thing about the away support at a fair few away games this year has been that the young 'enthusiastic' South Standers as you call em' have linked up with other groups of fans, some in their 20's and 30's. Just by mixing a few older heads in with them we've seen the atmosphere lift this year and not a hint of trouble or myther.
Hey some of us are just in our 40's!
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

GBH wrote:
Jimmy Birts wrote:
Hey some of us are just in our 40's!
& 60's :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
onedego

Post by onedego »

it doesn't matter how old you are, or how infirm you are, or otherwise, if you can sing, clap you're hands, and wave a scalf above your head, standing or sitting....

This is a bit of a turn out for the books really isn't it... i seem to remember moaning about the Brigantes ;-)

Small groups can become larger groups, and larger groups, and over the course of the game can become 3 stands! Heck, if we can get some west-standers going, we might even get IL up and dancing! :doz: