Ben Davies

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Ben Davies

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Watched him in the game last night and have to say i was disappointed. He looked unfit and was pretty ineffective.

I remember watching him last year and thinking he would be knocking on the door this year but he seems to have taken a backward step.

I feel he seems to have found his level in the championship
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Kittwazzer

Re: Ben Davies

Post by Kittwazzer »

Been said before about him. IMO Dom Crosby and Tom Spencer will be the next props we see in the first team!
deancartwright1990

Post by deancartwright1990 »

the reason hes not in the first team from radlinski is " hes better on his attack than his d and mcguire wants his players to be better defenders".. also it said hes on his way to castleford in the sun last week
thomo

Post by thomo »

i am sure i read in nosey parkers column that he had been told to look for a new club for next year
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

thomo wrote:i am sure i read in nosey parkers column that he had been told to look for a new club for next year
The guy who said Edwards wes nailed on as next season's coach? Yeah, OK.

I thought he had a pretty good game last night, played the entire last 60 minutes after coming on from the bench, I think. Barrow did OK up front, it was out wide where they struggled. Their right centre had a nightmare.
thomo

Post by thomo »

didnt say it was a fact - all I said was I had read it somewhere
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

thomo wrote:didnt say it was a fact - all I said was I had read it somewhere
Either way, I wouldn't argue. Competition in the forwards will be intense next year!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Ben has lost his way somewhat, hopefully temporarly. My thinking is that at the highest level he would be far better as a back rower. Get as fit as possible, as fast as possible and he could play how he wants to play then.
thomo

Post by thomo »

does he have the size to play in the front row
still think o'carroll lacks the size for a superleague front rower - but thats just my opinion
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I don't think Ben does Thomo and that is why the club/Ben are wrong to try making him into an elite front rower. IIRC when he first came to the club he often played back row but often in U20's particularly / U18's you get chosen in the spot that becomes available / that has the less cover for etc.

Davies has great footwork for a forward and good ball skills. I don't think hitting the ball hard and straight to get smashed for 5 yards gain is his game personally. It takes a special person to want to play prop.