Great game tonight - but

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the winky one

Re: Great game tonight - but

Post by the winky one »

Kittwazzer wrote:
GBH wrote:
onedego wrote:Seriously, I've never seen a player so upset to drop a kick off ball. I honestly thought he was gonna cry, really felt sorry for him.
Just shows his heart is in it 100%
The sad part is that he made 2 glaring errors which stood out on TV, as did Sam. Other than that his game was as good as anyone else's. That kick for Josh on the wing was as superb as the same one in the reverse fixture!
I've always said it must be horrible to make a huge mistake during a televised game...It's picked over and re-run in slow motion..just awful
south_stander

Post by south_stander »

He did look upset with himself but i noticed that almost every single one of our players gave him a pat on the back.... Great team spirit
Jake

Post by Jake »

GBH wrote: Great game tonight - but we need to stop making silly mistakes, and we need to protect Decs better seemed they were out to get him not sure how many times he got hit in the head!
Tremendous game tonight everybody gelling together now,our last two games have showed how we can play. Huddersfield didn't look like they were a team that are placed second in the league, Snuffed out enough said :)
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I have a snraky suspicion that Madge wants his hands on the Challenge Cup before he leaves for home.
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

Yes a great game. We put 46 points past almost the meanest defence in the league, and climbed one notch up the table. Can't really complain and ask for much more.

Later contemplation of the game and I wondered about the nature of the game. Was all the dropped balls and missed passes of which we were guilty the sign of a team A/ trying too hard, B/ playing at the limit of their skills, or C/ being crap?

My guess is that it's 'B'. It's because we were trying to be adventurous that we did make some errors. But the philosophy allowed us to score some really good tries against a really good team. The result was that we actually made them look ordinary.
Our forwards were immense and that allowed the adventure to develop. Great stuff. I have decided to cope with the odd dropped ball and knock on if the result is as good as this.
Stevethegas
onedego

Post by onedego »

south_stander wrote:He did look upset with himself but i noticed that almost every single one of our players gave him a pat on the back.... Great team spirit
I wanted to jump on the field and give him a pat on the back myself. Of course, we were all gutted and the groan was shocking, i felt guilty for groaning, but it wasn't a "deacs ya plonker" groan from anyone, it was a "oh god that's tough" groan. And i really hope he knows that.
the winky one

More on Saturdays game

Post by the winky one »

I think Saturdays game showed us that Finch and Lima are now starting to hit their straps.

I know they have been heavily criticised (Finch in particular),but they are now showing what they are capable of and once Gareth get's up to full steam,I think other teams should be very afraid indeed.

I can't wait!

Ps the emoticons seem to have gone a bit loopy, I can't select any of them
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

I couldnt believe just how poor Huddersfield were, their defence was absolutely appalling at times and they looked clueless in attack. We played well but Huddersfield didnt half make it easy.
Wes

Post by Wes »

No they didnt, we are relentless at the minute dont buy into the drivel of the commentators that teams are playing bad when we play them because they are not!

Our pack have really stepped up andthe defencive line doesnt stop moving or become motionless it moves up as 1 constantly and knocks players back, when you have the likes of Mason (best prop of the year so far and should be considered 1 of the 3 for MoS) and Griffin who cant make yards it becomes a game of mental toughness and unfortunaterly teams are not able to cope, I hope we do this for the remainder of the season because if we do there is no doubt in my mind we will clean up this year and win everything.

Now we are in the position where we have to show mental toughness to put Stains and Hudds away with ease we need to keep the pedal to the floor and not let up against Leeds and Cas in a short turnaround, win these 2 and Warrington will crack and start to lose a few!

To all of those who have had no faith and questioned the team around the time of the Gleeson and MM saga, COME ON YOU WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!
jobo

Post by jobo »

Dobby wrote:I couldnt believe just how poor Huddersfield were, their defence was absolutely appalling at times and they looked clueless in attack. We played well but Huddersfield didnt half make it easy.
Right there Dobby, well disappointed with them. I'm pleased we beat them of course but was expecting a far better game. It looks now that it's going to be solely us and the wire.