Stuart Barnes verdict on Origin 2

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
yoda warrior

Re: Stuart Barnes verdict on Origin 2

Post by yoda warrior »

I liked the bit about union kick returns being more varied. All i ever see them do is kick it back and forth for a bit.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Union got a lot out of Rugby League training methods it opened their eyes when Wigan played Bath and the Twickers sevens .From then they went professional and poached a lot of our then coaching staff ,Phil Larder was the England coach followed by Joe Lydon,Ellery Hanley ,Billy Mcginty,Sean Edwards,Faz,Dennis Betts and more.The salary cap they have is probably set too high and the crowds they get cannot match the money paid out as is football at prem level at the present.On the other France has an open cheque book in Union and can poach any player they want.Union at International level puts us too shame.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

League's better ZZzzzzz, no....ZZZZzzzz Union ZZZzzzzzz ball in play ZZZZZzzzzz who likes chess, who likes draughts ZZZZzzzzzzz.

I'm so bored of this debate. So here is a list of things that I prefer over others.

I prefer fillet steak to ironing.

I prefer golf to swimming.

I prefer Bill Bryson to Jeremy Kyle.

I prefer The Wildhearts to U2.

I prefer cooking to woodwork.

AND I prefer League to Union.

Not that anyone will care about my preferences, and nor should they. The point being that cooking and woodwork are two very different things but share many facets, as per RL and Union.
Can we PLEASE just accept that some people prefer one thing and some another BECAUSE THEY'RE DIFFERENT THINGS. I don't care about Barnes' opinion of League nor will it damage our sport. So why are we so incensed if he criticises it. Don't be, he/it's not worth it. He may also prefer fillet steak to ironing..............And looking at the tubby little bugger, I imagine he does, but I don't care!!

Some strange analogies I know, but comparing League and Union is as relevant as comparing football and cricket. They're different sports and that is the end of it. It doesn't matter if people think that one is better than the other because IMO they cannot be directly compared.

Can we move on now?
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Kiwiseddon wrote:League's better ZZzzzzz, no....ZZZZzzzz Union ZZZzzzzzz ball in play ZZZZZzzzzz who likes chess, who likes draughts ZZZZzzzzzzz.

I'm so bored of this debate. So here is a list of things that I prefer over others.

I prefer fillet steak to ironing.

I prefer golf to swimming.

I prefer Bill Bryson to Jeremy Kyle.

I prefer The Wildhearts to U2.

I prefer cooking to woodwork.

AND I prefer League to Union.

Not that anyone will care about my preferences, and nor should they. The point being that cooking and woodwork are two very different things but share many facets, as per RL and Union.
Can we PLEASE just accept that some people prefer one thing and some another BECAUSE THEY'RE DIFFERENT THINGS. I don't care about Barnes' opinion of League nor will it damage our sport. So why are we so incensed if he criticises it. Don't be, he/it's not worth it. He may also prefer fillet steak to ironing..............And looking at the tubby little bugger, I imagine he does, but I don't care!!

Some strange analogies I know, but comparing League and Union is as relevant as comparing football and cricket. They're different sports and that is the end of it. It doesn't matter if people think that one is better than the other because IMO they cannot be directly compared.

Can we move on now?
The RFU also try to portray Union and League as totally different games, but yet League remains such a potent threat to their so called glorious game that they try to strangle us at every corner.
As long as this continues I will never let it rest.
LEAGUE THROUGH & THROUGH.