Re: Gleeson in squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Congratulations GeoffN your as wonderful as me :wink: I'd imagine Thursday or Friday, i cant believe how excited i am for a game against Salford :doz:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Ron

Post by Ron »

mrs_carney posted:
Could they not be on about the younger gleeson we have? He's a centre vaealiki is injured, its more believable than martin being in our squad
Are you talking about Mark Gleeson? He is 22 and has played SL matches. I understand he has just signed a new two year deal at Warrington. Are there any other Gleesons out there wanting to play for Wigan?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

17 year old sean gleeson from our academy, one would hope he wants to play for wigan!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Ron posted:
mrs_carney posted:
Could they not be on about the younger gleeson we have? He's a centre vaealiki is injured, its more believable than martin being in our squad
Are you talking about Mark Gleeson? He is 22 and has played SL matches. I understand he has just signed a new two year deal at Warrington. Are there any other Gleesons out there wanting to play for Wigan?
There are a whole family of them Ron. We've got a 16 yo in our academy
Ron

Post by Ron »

mrs_carney posted:
17 year old sean gleeson from our academy, one would hope he wants to play for wigan!
Sean Gleeson may want to play for Wigan (already being here) but will Wigan want him to play, considering all the other young players we have got rid off once they come of age!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I've said before, Millward shows great faith in youngsters and it pays off, Roby is becoming a fine player at St Helens. I'd imagine if sean is anything like his cousin, he'll be here for the forseeable future.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:

How much will Millward have seen of our U21 games to be able to make that judgement so early?
It can only be word of mouth surely.

I would like to see Allen at 13 with Tickle back in the second row but if he plays Gleeson I could see both Wild and Tickle in the pack with Gleeson just a straight swap for David V.

Dave
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

This is Millward though, a bit unpredictable, he may experiment (slightly) with the team and maybe bench wild?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mrs_carney posted:
This is Millward though, a bit unpredictable, he may experiment (slightly) with the team and maybe bench wild?
I gues we will just have to wait and see. I suppose as usual the squad make up depends who is fit with Orr obviously a doubt which would leave Brown at stand off and a space in the 17 for another player.

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

As you say DaveO, we'll have to wait, but it's fascinating speculating!
Will he make changes just to make it 'his' squad...how much has he seen of the fringe players to judge if they're good enough to take over...how much input will Betts be allowed...how will the players react...hope they're all out to impress I.M. - they certainly should be.