Anthony Quinn anyone?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
StarAndy

Anthony Quinn anyone?

Post by StarAndy »

anthony quinn has to leave melbourne storm this week...

Joel back in pack...?

cpwigan

Re: Anthony Quinn anyone?

Post by cpwigan »

Quinn would be an excellent signing for any SL club and because he is still under contract for the Storm, whomever signs him will get him very cheap because the Storm will have to pay a % of his salary. He is looking to play over here too for 3/4 years.
StarAndy

Post by StarAndy »

Cant you have a word with your people CP to have a word with his people.... tell them hes a bit underated here at Wigan but we will take him off their hands for 30 bob and a conker. :)

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Thought he played OK in Zorba the Greek! :)
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Kittwazzer wrote:Thought he played OK in Zorba the Greek! :)
That was it I knew I'd seen him on the telly somewhere!! :cool:
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Quinn was actually getting selected for the Storm but as part of the Salary Cap issues his contract was fantastic and alas the Storm are apart from Cronk, Smith and Slater tending to shed such players.
OJ

Post by OJ »

You beat me to it - I was going to say has he finished wiring up that cannon in the Guns of Navarone! :)
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

southernpie wrote:
That was it I knew I'd seen him on the telly somewhere!! :cool:
:lol: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

cpwigan wrote:Quinn was actually getting selected for the Storm but as part of the Salary Cap issues his contract was fantastic and alas the Storm are apart from Cronk, Smith and Slater tending to shed such players.
? Not shedding any for 'salary cap issues' AFAIK ?
Adam Blair overlooked offers last year to stay & is now getting 'offers too good to refuse'.
Quinny is I think still 'dodging the bullet' after that serious neck injury,etc & is fighting for a spot with some very good players.
And if Storm wouldn't cover GI's payout I doubt they'll cover one for AQ :wink:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

bourbon_rat wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Quinn was actually getting selected for the Storm but as part of the Salary Cap issues his contract was fantastic and alas the Storm are apart from Cronk, Smith and Slater tending to shed such players.
? Not shedding any for 'salary cap issues' AFAIK ?
Adam Blair overlooked offers last year to stay & is now getting 'offers too good to refuse'.
Quinny is I think still 'dodging the bullet' after that serious neck injury,etc & is fighting for a spot with some very good players.
And if Storm wouldn't cover GI's payout I doubt they'll cover one for AQ :wink:
The Storm have told AQ that he is free to negotiate and that given he has 12 months left they will pay part of the contract. My info comes from a family member. If he stays at the Storm he has been told he will be in reserve grade.