Do certain teams get more rub of the green than others ?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Do certain teams get more rub of the green than others ?

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Looking at tonight's game it was pretty evident that Dire got more than their fare share of benefit from iffy calls from the ref. Balls reaped out judged as knock ons, knock ons missed by the officials, interference in the tackle and play the ball.
Any thoughts
gpartin

Re: Do certain teams get more rub of the green than others ?

Post by gpartin »

The first half an hour was absolutely sickening to watch. The hands in at the ptb nonsense really pee's me off when Lawrence and Robinson both penalised in that game for absolutely nothing but players like Carvell messing around and not standing square all the time. Made up penalties just ruin the game for me, I've mentioned the not standing square thing before but Wire, Leeds and even Hudds have mastered the art of the side by side marker better than most while teams like us get hammered for it. I'm certainly no fan of Huddersfield but with the number of 50/50's they didn't get and baffling decisions like the Gilmoir knock on at the end its not wonder Wire built up such a big lead and no wonder Hudds couldn't get back into it. Joke once again from yet another incompetent ref.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

the winky one

Post by the winky one »

gpartin wrote:The first half an hour was absolutely sickening to watch. The hands in at the ptb nonsense really pee's me off when Lawrence and Robinson both penalised in that game for absolutely nothing but players like Carvell messing around and not standing square all the time. Made up penalties just ruin the game for me, I've mentioned the not standing square thing before but Wire, Leeds and even Hudds have mastered the art of the side by side marker better than most while teams like us get hammered for it. I'm certainly no fan of Huddersfield but with the number of 50/50's they didn't get and baffling decisions like the Gilmoir knock on at the end its not wonder Wire built up such a big lead and no wonder Hudds couldn't get back into it. Joke once again from yet another incompetent ref.

:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Yes Kooch they do, but it seems to be the same teams all the time.

It used to be Saints & Leeds now it's the darlings of the moment, Wire :(

The reffing game tonight was completely one sided.

As you say the officials missed a lot of iffy calls but they all went Wires way. The number of missed offences by Wire was a joke.

Stevo & Eddie were at their best again praising Wire all night while seemingly pitying the Giants.

When the Giants scored their first try, they chalked it off as a "mere consolation try"!!

They are supposed to be neutral, but you can hear it all the time in their voices, it really is pathetic & it's about time Sky sorted it out.

That's another rant off my chest :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

josie andrews wrote:Yes Kooch they do, but it seems to be the same teams all the time.

It used to be Saints & Leeds now it's the darlings of the moment, Wire :(

The reffing game tonight was completely one sided.

As you say the officials missed a lot of iffy calls but they all went Wires way. The number of missed offences by Wire was a joke.

Stevo & Eddie were at their best again praising Wire all night while seemingly pitying the Giants.

When the Giants scored their first try, they chalked it off as a "mere consolation try"!!

They are supposed to be neutral, but you can hear it all the time in their voices, it really is pathetic & it's about time Sky sorted it out.

That's another rant off my chest :roll:
Sorry Josie me thinks it is a case of mistaken identity.As I had not commented on this game. Due to being angry at the sky comments and the reffing.If sky can retain Rebecca Wade then we have little chance of seeing the back of these two idiots. :D
Panchitta Marra

Re: Do certain teams get more rub of the green than others...

Post by Panchitta Marra »

With 10 minutes remaining and Hudds were pushing on the dire line for a try and kick that would have levelled the score, Thaler gave a totally inexusable knock on decision against lee Gilmour. Dire were on the rack and this took away all the Giants imptus and effectively finishing the game. Is it not about time clubs had the right to supply evidence that backs up such decision making by officials.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Dire and Leeds have always got away with messing about in the ptb and seem to have acquired a devine right to do so.

As Josie rightly says Hinge & Bracket are supposed to be neutral and spoil the game for all fans, not just us, by their biased commentary, as I have said on countless occasions listening to those guys down under do commentary is just wonderful, they tell you what is happening without a whiff of bias and in fairness all the plethora of previous players and ex-coaches give a far less one sided view than those two

Incidentally can't imagine Saints were chuffed last night when Eddie said Wire have taken on the mantle of the Entertainers in rugby league this year. I'll wash my mouth out in a minute for saying this but I find Saints more entertaining any day of the week than Wire.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I believe research has shown every team but particularly those with vocal, intimidating home fans gets a better deal at home than away. Hence, the evidence/suggestion is that officials are home towners.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

cpwigan wrote:I believe research has shown every team but particularly those with vocal, intimidating home fans gets a better deal at home than away. Hence, the evidence/suggestion is that officials are home towners.
Unfortunatley everyone thinks Wigan get more rub of the green than any other team! :exc: