Can we stay top?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Can we stay top?

Post by GeoffN »

the winky one wrote:You see, a couple of the games we have either lost or drawn,when we really should have won, would have allowed us at least a bit of breathing space where now we have none,and can't afford to drop our guard at all.
True, but you could equally say the same about Wire, losing to Salford and Hull at the HJ.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I said a few weeks ago in the game when Damian Blanch scored that great try round the corner flag that they look like an NRL side with a missing X-Factor. Potentially they could surprise everyone and have played the perfect season. Their attacking play is superb and their defence seems to have caught up to that with less missed tackles and silly mistakes. One to avoid in the playoffs.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think it shows the gap between current NRL coaching and SL coaching. Robinson is doing a fantastic job at Catalans and I believe the new Salford coach will push them forwards too.

Aside from coaching, I think the added bonus is that these coaches know NRL players ability/background personally whereas SL coaches tend to rely on agents.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Doesn't really matter to be honest because whoever finishes top they won't pick the other team in the playoffs will they and meet potentially in the GF anyway. It'd be nice to stay top and I can't see why we can't stay up there
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
BriH

Post by BriH »

the winky one wrote:How difficult do you think it will be now for us to stay top until the end of the season?.
There's definately no room for slip-ups with Warrington right on our tails,I think it's going to be really interesting,watching it all unfold.It's certainly not for the faint hearted.
Yes!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I am of the opinion Finishing Top = True Champions
Wes

Post by Wes »

Stupid thread this . . . . Of Course we can! Cream always rises to the top!

Aint that right DaveO :wink:
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

[quote="29wes28"]Stupid thread this . . . . Of Course we can! Cream always rises to the top!

Aint that right DaveO :wink: [/quote

Why is it a stupid thread wes? I thought it was a perfectly reasonable thing to ask. :eusa9: :eusa9:
Wes

Post by Wes »

Winky put doubt in a camp and the camp will become doubtful, put belief in a camp and the camp will believe!
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

the winky one wrote:You see, a couple of the games we have either lost or drawn,when we really should have won, would have allowed us at least a bit of breathing space where now we have none,and can't afford to drop our guard at all.
Out of the games we lost, we deserved to lose. We didn't thow away convicing leads (like we did twice last year). The games we drew, two should have been wins and one a loss which only gives us an additional point so we would be two points above Warrington.

In answer to the posting - YES of course we can. We just have to win all the games left!!!
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!