Referees

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: Referees

Post by cpwigan »

A new Head of referees, a fast track for ex players, possibly 2 referee system, VR at every game and give James Child a job as a lollipop man (I cannot remember seeing such an inept official for a very long time)
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

cpwigan wrote:A new Head of referees, a fast track for ex players, possibly 2 referee system, VR at every game and give James Child a job as a lollipop man (I cannot remember seeing such an inept official for a very long time)
Doubt it - that's a responsible position !

The most inconsistent ref on the list & that includes tonight's comedian.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I thought when I typed it when was the last time I saw such an inept official as Child. I can only think of Gerry Kershaw / Geoff Berry and that is 30 years ago.
jobo

Post by jobo »

cpwigan wrote:I thought when I typed it when was the last time I saw such an inept official as Child. I can only think of Gerry Kershaw / Geoff Berry and that is 30 years ago.
Kershaw was brilliantly bad. Many a time he would be about to give a decision, the crowd would roar and he'd change it.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Remove Cummings.
Make the refs accountable.
Allow clubs to challenge a performance and ask the ref or whomever replaces Cummings to meet with a representative of the club to discuss the concerns, and if proved correct the ref should be sent for training to fix the eroprs.
Personally I'm not a fan of the two ref system. It seems to prevent the type of defensive game Wigan play, and means the POTB is too quick, resulting in much more scooting from dummy half, and going away from the passing game.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09