Semi confrimed - Sat 6th Aug at HJ

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiggydoran

Semi confrimed - Sat 6th Aug at HJ

Post by wiggydoran »

The RFL has confirmed details of the two Carnegie Challenge Cup semi-finals following consultation with the clubs, broadcasters and the two venues.

The first semi-final, Wigan Warriors versus St Helens will be staged at The Halliwell-Jones Stadium, Warrington on Saturday 6th August with a 4.30pm kick off.

The second semi-final, Castleford Tigers versus Leeds Rhinos will be staged at Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster, on Sunday 7th August with a 3.15pm kick off.

Both matches will be broadcast live on BBC2.

Tickets are priced at £28 and £22 (£14 and £11 concessions) and are available to purchase from the DW Stadium Ticket Office or Ticket Hotline on 0871 66-33-552.

£28 TICKETS

•North (main) Stand (central seating)
£22 TICKETS

•South Stand (unreserved standing)
•Outer seating sections of North Stand
•Outer seating sections of East Stand (behind posts)

Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday from 9am exclusively to 2011 season ticket holders. Ticket sales on Thursday will be available only to 2011 season ticket holders and Ancient & Loyal Members. During this period tickets will be limited to one per person. Any remaining tickets will go on general sale on Friday at 9am.

Coach travel is available priced at £9.50 for adults and £8.50 for season ticket holders, members and concessions. Coaches depart at 2.15pm from the DW Stadium and 2.30pm from The Wheel in Wigan Town Centre.

Taken from wigan web site
wiggydoran

Re: Semi confrimed - Sat 6th Aug at HJ

Post by wiggydoran »

What a ripe off!!!! RFL have picked a stadium that is too small and is overcharging for ticket coz they know demand will be there.

We could fill the HJ with our fans if prices were resonable!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Not much surprise about the venue, but I'm sure it's too small for a Wigan - Saints semi. Plus £10 more for a ticket (£28), than I paid for, at the same venue, on Saturday. That's absolutely disgraceful.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

An absolute disgrace and a total lack of vision on the part of the RFL.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

the RFL needs to take it's head out of it's arse ,it is doing untold damage to our game. I feel sorry for the thousands who won't get tickets. ( this does not include saints fans) only joking!!!!
GBH

Post by GBH »

I just looked and the Keepmoat Stadium holds an extra 2000, 15231, I know which ground will be packed! and which wont....
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
aidensharrock

Post by aidensharrock »

I'm just gutted that it's on the Saturday as I can't go. I do agree that the prices are a rip off too, although with it being a small ground the atmosphere will be good as it was on Saturday..
Bashy

Post by Bashy »

Saturday........... thank god for that, im on a track day at Silverstone on the Sunday :)

HJ was the obvious choice even though its the wrong one, surely theres a technicality that says we would use Latics stadium? lol.

They'd better not run out of 2 pint pots before the match this time! ha ha
Bashy

Post by Bashy »

p.s. anyone know which end is ours? im hoping West Stand ;)
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

will tickets be available online ? i cant get to ground this week :(
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing