Gary Connoly on Super League Super Men

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

Re: Gary Connoly on Super League Super Men

Post by OJ »

gpartin wrote:What job does he do now?
Just had another look - he's a residential care worker in St Helens looking after kids and doing 24 hour shifts.

The programme started with Carney standing on a bridge over the A580 and the opening line was "The East Lancs road which divides Wigan and St Helens which is rugby league's equivalent of the great wall of China" Brill! :)
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Susi

Post by Susi »

i watched the programme and throughly enjoyed it.
(Used love Gary)
He gave good account of his career and it was interesting to see how he was treated by his home town club.
I rated him as a player and whenever encountered him away from game or at a function always found him to be ann utter gent.(yea ok he liked a beer but he always had time for a chat).
like others stated i wont be in any hurry to watch this weeks choice.
mr carney needs get the pearl on
StarAndy

Post by StarAndy »

Gary is a proper nice guy.
Around 1994 Gary, Alan Hunt, Gus O`Donnell and Andy Platt did an open day for free for me at a local business I had just opened and after the press had done all the usual photo shoot and write ups we headed off to the Pier for a meal and a good drink (there was around 8 of us in total) but Andy Platt didnt come with us because he was going fishing.
We had a brilliant day, one of the funniest things was when Hunt challenged Gary at knocking a pint of lager back then strip naked and run out of the pier and dive into the canal for a race across to the pier night club and back it was hilarious but we were asked to leave once they got back dressed (the restaraunt was packed).
Couldnt beleive it the next day though when Platts wife rang me and said she wanted £300 for his part in the opening as she charges for his picture in the paper (cheeky sod).

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

StarAndy wrote: Couldnt beleive it the next day though when Platts wife rang me and said she wanted £300 for his part in the opening as she charges for his picture in the paper (cheeky sod).
Doesn't surprise me one bit. Angela is a right piece of work. She kicked Christian out of the house and he went to live with his nan. Soon as he'd finished school, he got on a plane to Oz to go live with his dad. And we lost a bloody good junior. He played his last game for us in the U16s final game when we beat Stains!