Jason Chan signs with Huddersfield

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Jason Chan signs with Huddersfield

Post by josie andrews »

Huddersfield Giants have signed Papua New Guinean International Jason Chan on a three year deal. The 27 year old back rower will join following the end of this season from the Crusaders team where he has been one of their stand-out performers.

Giants Managing Director Richard Thewlis said:

"Jason has been on our wanted list for a number of years but the timing has never just quite worked out for either party so to finally secure him is great news for us. He is another physically big strong man to add into the squad and has great pace for a forward and he comes to us in the prime years of his career. He has international experience in big games and will be the clubs second PNG international following in the footsteps of Stanley Gene."

Nathan Brown commented:

"Jason adds quality to any team and he is definitely a good addition to our squad. He is big, has good pace and can play footy with the capability of passing before the line or whilst in traffic. Jason has good feet and players like him who can beat people and promote the ball bring a lot to any team. He is a good second rower and will add some real strike play to our squad."

Jason Chan is pleased to be joining the claret and gold:

"I am delighted to get the opportunity of finally joining Huddersfield as I have been aware of their interest in the past. They are a top four club with a great squad playing out of a great stadium, so it's a fantastic opportunity for me to work with Nathan Brown and his staff. I was looking at my options before the shock news last week but irrespective of that Huddersfield is definitely the right move for me to make now and I look forward to the challenge there next year."

2012 Huddersfield Season Tickets are on sale now and are just £50 in the Fantastic Media Stand (Limited to the first 2000 people) and £99 in the Direct Golf and Britannia Rescue Stands. The deadline for these sensational offers is Monday 12th September 2011. Secure yours now by calling 01484 484123 or buying online by logging onto www.giantsrl.com

http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=40541
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan