Maguire Names Semi-Final Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bill.inger

Re: Maguire Names Semi-Final Squad

Post by bill.inger »

BriH wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Personally id drop hock in place before cross. He isn't match fit and while i agree he needs games to get fit this maybe too much of an ask as it will be higher paced than superleague matches (or so you would expect).

Roby will run at Hock all day long

But the Aints are playing Leon Pryce at No6 and he's been out for about a year with serious injury and he's fitted right back into the team. Gaz managed to keep himself very fit if not match fit and he's not quite doing it yet, whereas Pryce seems to be "up to speed" after a couple of games. Are we expecting too much too soon from Gaz, are we making excuses for him, or is next season the time to hope he'll be back with a bang.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the choice is Preccy or Cross and Hock or Farrell. I would go for Preccy and Hock personally.
Wes

Post by Wes »

cpwigan wrote:I think the choice is Preccy or Cross and Hock or Farrell. I would go for Preccy and Hock personally.
If they where the choices then so would I.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

29wes28 wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I think the choice is Preccy or Cross and Hock or Farrell. I would go for Preccy and Hock personally.
If they where the choices then so would I.
same here! but Hock would have his spell on the left and I'd switch Hoff, as mentioned previously.

Bloody hurry up Saturday this is killing me!!!! :lol:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do believe the switching of Hoff to the right or even to prop and giving Hock his spell on the left is vital.

The biggest problem though re the right side defence is Deacs. When an opposition team puts a move on he invariably gets drawn out of position. The good part is that teams should want to complete their fifth tackle on our left to kick back to the right to Charnley which means they have less opportunities to attack our right.
onedego

Post by onedego »

If they play Graham, they're nuts! He's got a "Bulging Disk", speaking to a physio friend of mine today, he reckons you'd be putting your ability to walk at risk playing with that!
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

AdamMac wrote:
Bloody hurry up Saturday this is killing me!!!! :lol:
Me too, I think I'm more nervous this week than I was the week before the QF v Dire. That week I knew the lads had to be at their best, but dire have very little big game pedigree and until recently could almost be relied on to choke. Stains on the other hand have not had the best of seasons so far, but have the big game mentality to pull it out the bag, and their record speaks for itself. Plus it would hurt more to lose to the mutants from over the hill.

Come on Wigan I Believe!!
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Glad to see Silverwood is in charge again. Best in the league for me.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
GBH

Post by GBH »

I would dop Hock for Cross, hiis defence is still weak it will come back with time but other games fo him to improve in.
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
Gizmo_Edwards

The likely starting xiiis and Saints bias!!

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

Wigan

1. sam
2. charnley
3. joel
4. carmont
5. richards
6. deacon
7. finch
8. mossop
9. leuluai
10. lima
11. hansen
12. hoffman
13. o loughlin

14. mcilorum
15. prescott
16. coley
17. hock
cross and farrell to miss out.

St Helens

1. wellens
2. foster
3. meli
4. shenton
5. makinson
6. pryce
7. lomax
8. graham
9. roby
10. puletua
11. wilkin
12. soliola
13. flanney

14. moore
15. clough
16. eastmond
17. LMS

Combined Starting Best XIII pick from Redvee!!!

1.tomkins
2.foster
3.meli
4. carmont
5. richards
6. pryce
7. finch
8. graham
9. roby
10. puletua
11. wilkin
12. hoffman
13. o loughlin

This is interesting as it shows how they underestimate our work horse forwards like mossop, prescott. Suprised Leuluai and hansen didnt make the cut!! They over-rate meli he is very clumsy and dodgy under the high ball!!

Wigan Rugby League Fans:- the jackpot winners in rugby league life...