GRAYWAYS COACHES

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
cpwigan

Re: GRAYWAYS COACHES

Post by cpwigan »

platt-warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Is the old guy who IIRC owned Grayway (Jim? completely bald bald fella) still alive. He once took us on a fishing trip to Ulverston Canal. I think he had suffered a few heart attack or health scares even then and boy the trip was scary :)
sounds like "the hills have eyes" :)
Understandably anglers were always taken on the poorest, oldest coaches. IIRC, there was a long steep drag up that side of the Lakes. Let's just say a few prayers were said.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Have you fished the canal at Ulverston lately CP ? I can also remember going there years ago,gret for tench and good roach IIRC.
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

cpwigan wrote:Is the old guy who IIRC owned Grayway (Jim? completely bald bald fella) still alive. He once took us on a fishing trip to Ulverston Canal. I think he had suffered a few heart attack or health scares even then and boy the trip was scary :)
Jimmy was my grandad, passed away about 5 years ago.
WIGAN TILL I DIE

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

white elephant wrote:
Jimmy was my grandad, passed away about 5 years ago.
Sorry to hear that. He was a character. Who you travel with can make or break any trip and he was fabulous.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

platt-warrior wrote:Have you fished the canal at Ulverston lately CP ? I can also remember going there years ago,gret for tench and good roach IIRC.
I haven't. A club I used to fish with, our first match was always Ulverston Canal. We used to take a keg of beer from the Labour Club we were affiliated to and were pegged down at the sea end. It was always famed for Tench but I used to hedge my bets a use bloodworm for roach etc.

Once a year a big match pegged from the sea to the basin next to the pub ran and I used to fish that. I pleasured it a few times and like anywhere it fished better when not match fishing and when making an early start.

I used to fish Ratherheath Tarn up there too, lovely setting and great Tench fishing too. Bigland Tarn too was a nice setting but the fishing was nothing special.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

White Elephant is the number ONE coach driver :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Me and sister got thrown off Grayways at school as we 'lived too close to school' despite x3 Wigan coaches. 2 mile walk it was every night therefor
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame