Squad for Bradford game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiggydoran

Squad for Bradford game

Post by wiggydoran »

Wigan 19 Man Squad

Sam Tomkins, Darrell Goulding, George Carmont, Pat Richards, Paul Deacon, Thomas Leuluai, Michael McIlorum, Harrison Hansen, Joel Tomkins, Sean O'Loughlin, Paul Prescott, Jeff Lima, Ryan Hoffman, Eamon O'Carroll, Liam Farrell, Stefan Marsh, Josh Charnley, Jack Hughes, Gareth Hock.

Referee - Ben Thaler

Wigan Warriors Head Coach Michael Maguire has named his 19 man squad to face Bradford Bulls at the DW Stadium on Friday night, 8pm kick off.

Two important Super League points are up for grabs before the Warriors head to Wembley for the Carnegie Challenge Cup Final against Leeds Rhinos a week on Saturday.

Maguire has decided to rest Andy Coley, Brett Finch and Lee Mossop for the game but both Paul Deacon and Jeff Lima who missed the win over Salford return. Also included is prop Eamon O'Carroll returning to the first team squad for the first time in over a year following a couple of run outs recently in the 20's side.

Speaking at the pre-match press conference on Tuesday, Michael paid praise to Eamon and his hard work in getting fit once more, he said,

"Everyone at the Club is delighted to see Eamon back, he has had an extremely tough last 14 months with his injury but his never say die attitude to training and rehabilitation has been a shining example."
Any thoughts?
Wes

Re: Squad for Bradford game

Post by Wes »

I would rest Deacs and George.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Interesting. I am glad Madge is resting some players. Would love to see Mellor given an opportunity some time, somehow before the season ends.

I presume Eamon will be in the 17 given Coley and Mossop are being rested.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Grand final wining half backs then and starting hooker...

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Resting Mossop, Coley & Finch is a good move, but I think all the other first teamers will play, though he might bring some off if we're well in front.
Nice to see Freddy back, he might even have a chance of Wembley if Prescott still isn't fit.

Hughes & Marsh to miss out.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I'm surprised that Amos and Mellor have not made the 19 although I think both may get an opportunity in our last league game.

There is no way Sam is not going to play as he wants to be the top try scorer this year!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards