Re: Leeds wembley tickets

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Just going to create a thread on this...

does it mean more to us?

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... _1_3682716

CUP finalists Leeds Rhinos are hoping for a late surge after disappointing Wembley ticket sales.

The first week before the Carnegie Challenge Cup showpiece against Wigan Warriors, on August 27, saw Leeds sell around 4,500 fewer tickets than last year.

Wigan’s initial allocation is understood to be virtually sold out and Rhinos chief executive Gary Hetherington said: “We are faced with the possibility of having to send Wigan some of our tickets. It will be very disappointing if we have to do that.”

Leeds – who have lost their last four cup finals – received an initial allocation of 12,500 tickets.

Hetherington feels memories of the 2010 final, when Rhinos were crushed 30-6 by Warrington Wolves in front of a sell-out crowd, have put some fans off making a return trip.

“We’ve still got tickets available,” Hetherington said. “We are naturally disappointed we haven’t sold out at this stage.

“We’re hoping we have somewhat of a surge leading up to Wembley. I think our team, more than ever, will be looking for the support of fans who have got a big part to play.

“I, like all the players and fans, was extremely disappointed with the outcome last year.

“We fully understand people’s disappointment and that if anything has made the players more motivated to make sure we get a different outcome and experience this year.”

Hetherington reckons last year is “certainly a factor” in the poor sales so far.

He added: “The first week last year we sold 10,500 tickets. In the first week this year we sold about 6,000.

“That’s a significant difference. Our fans do buy from the RFL, but they will have done that last year as well.

“I have talked to people who are still thinking about whether to go, whereas last year they had no hesitation in snapping a ticket up and making their plans.

“I do think a lot of it is down to them not wanting to have the same experience as last year.”

The Leeds chief predicted fans who don’t attend could miss a “special occasion”.

He said: “Talking to people at the Wigan club, they were telling me about when Wigan went to Murrayfield in the 2002 cup final.

“Their fans didn’t believe they could win and they had really disappointing ticket sales. People in Wigan today still talk about those that went and those that didn’t because it turned out to be one of their best-ever experiences.

“We want this Wembley to be a great experience for the club and for all our fans.”

Meanwhile, Rhinos came through last Friday’s win over Castleford Tigers with no major injury concerns, though Brett Delaney pictured – who did not play due to a groin problem – and Ryan Bailey will undergo treatment before Saturday’s trip to Harlequins.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:According to the superleague Facebook report Leeds sales of wembley tickets are poor where as we have seen brisk trade and almost sold out

Oh well at least one half of the stadium will be full !
The stadium will be full but predominantly cherry and White.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This topic has already been covered on the Warriors forum.

It has been included in the topic "Wigan Fans Turn Out in Force".

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I don't think its 2010 score putting Whinos fans off, its 2011s! :)