Wembley Coach Travel

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MiThor

Re: Wembley Coach Travel

Post by MiThor »

onedego wrote:Shocking! Legislative killjoys. Next, they'll have no singing on coaches.

i have the scars on my face and hand, after a drunk tried to push a whisky bottle through my face, i was the coach driver,
next
MiThor

Post by MiThor »

Jonnilo wrote:I went on the club coaches to quins, and they knew me and few others towards the back were drinking the driver said he wasn't bothered as long as we cleaned up.

if you get caught he loses his licence
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I don't see what the fuss is about with alcohol at 7am on a coach full of kids, families and the older generation. I'd rather sit opposite the toilet than someone smelling of ale at 8am.

If people want why not have a drink at the rest stop on the M40
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

As a tea total person I am biased but I have also travelled with people who likes a drink of alcohol and neither myself or those people could understand the fuss either. The can stuff like the plast glass stuff at stadias is rarely that good anyway I am told.

Numptys ale farting for the entire journey, blocking the toilet and stinking it to high heaven. No joy!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Can always store a crate under the coach ready for the stop.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Easy to put a little nip in your favourite fizzy/soft drink and it gets onto the coach unoticed.
onedego

Post by onedego »

Sorry to revive this one, but wanted to clarify...

MiThor, i'm of the firm belief that people who misuse alcohol and get to the point where they're breaking bottles, and violent, should be punished to the full extent of the law. There's no place in society for that.

A&L, as someone who drives to most games (home & away) it's nice to, for a change, have a couple of cans on the journey down, i'm not for one moment suggesting drinking at 7am, but a drink later in the morning is perfectly acceptable.

CP, again, as someone who drives to most games, it's nice to be able to have a drink for a change, and there aint no way i'm paying £4.80 for pap.

It's annoying that legislation like this is brought into place to prevent the MINORITY from acting like a pratt, meanwhile the MAJORITY have to suffer. Where's my human rights?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Where's my human rights when I have to face either or both or all of the following;

1) The repugnant stench of ale flatuence;

2) The toilet being blocked and stinking;

3) Pissed up travellers being late back to the coach

4) Pissed up so called fans spending more time going to the toilet and forcing everybody in their row to get up and down umpteen times during a match.

If I wanted a drink of alcohol I would go to a pub. I go to a RL match to watch a game of RL

People need to decide what they want? Plenty are saying zero tolerance, let's be like country X etc Well folks you need to remember zero tolerance and a hard line is not about rioting it starts with the so called trivial and the minor. If the law says no alcohol on coaches/trains then that is what it should be. Why should people be allowed to ignore the law for alcohol and yet those who want to smoke (I do not BTW) dare not light up. If smokers cannot smoke then alcool consumers should not drink alcohol. Anyhow, it is bad for your health and you would be far better off drinking pure orange juice or something similar.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

There was a big kerfuffle a few years ago by 2 coach firms coming back from Hull iirc regarding people drinking alcohol on board causing arguments with other supporters and general mayhem - some may clarify it got out of hand (ie coach drivers at the time) I dont know one coach driver or firm who'd be happy to allow drinking due to the smells, soiling and customer happiness overall. It's ok storing it under the coach or above th'eads for a motorway stop but between 7am and 12 noon personally i dont see the point apart from peer pressure.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
onedego

Post by onedego »

I'm not saying that causing a riot is right, but there are people out there (i.e. Me) who can go have a couple of drinks, and not fall into any of the above categories, and it's the likes of me who are punished for the likes of them who abuse it.