Peacock can help Leeds rise to challenge - Morley

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Peacock can help Leeds rise to challenge - Morley

Post by josie andrews »

Former Leeds favourite Adrian Morley is tipping his old club to taste Wembley glory by defeating Wigan Warriors in the 2011 Carnegie Challenge Cup final on Saturday week.

And Morley, a Wembley winner with Leeds in 1999, has one piece of advice for any Leeds fan who doubts the Rhinos' ability to beat hot favourites Wigan - 'Do you really want to miss a Leeds Wembley win?'

"I keep hearing that some Leeds fans aren't getting behind the team because they don't think they can beat the Warriors and that's just crazy - you can't dismiss a team like Leeds in a Wembley final," said Morley.

"It's going to be a cracking match. Leeds usually save their best performances for matches against Wigan and the Warriors know they're going to be in a game.

"The Rhinos won't be short of motivation either because they know they didn't do themselves justice last year. I know a lot of their players and I know they're still hurting.

"The experience of having played at Wembley 12 months ago can only be good and they can use that to their advantage. It's a daunting place and you never know how a team like Wigan will cope with the pressure.

"There's a lot of history weighing on the shoulders of all the Wigan players and this is going to be a big day for them, especially their young guns They'll know all about the club's history in the competition and how much expectation comes with that."

Morley, who led Warrington Wolves to back-to-back Wembley wins in 2009 and 2010, is a close friend with Leeds prop Jamie Peacock and believes the England captain's presence could prove the difference.

"It was really tough on 'JP' when he had to miss last year's final after injuring his knee following the semi-final and this is a massive match for him. Playing at Wembley is something he's dreamed about all his life and he can be counted upon to lead from the front," said Morley.

"I can't believe anyone would doubt that a Wembley team featuring the likes of 'JP' won't give as good as it gets. We're training at Warrington on the day of the final so I can't make it but it would be a shame if Leeds don't get the massive support they deserve."

Leeds fans can purchase tickets in all price brackets directly from the Ticket Office at Headingley Carnegie Stadium or by calling 0871 423 1315 (calls cost 10p per minute).

Official coach travel is also available to book. Coaches will depart from Headingley Carnegie Stadium at 7.00am on Saturday August 27.

Tickets for the 2011 Carnegie Challenge Cup final, Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors at Wembley Stadium on Saturday August 27 can also be purchased from the RFL Ticket Office on 0844 856 1113 or by visiting www.rugbyleaguetickets.co.uk

http://www.superleague.co.uk/article/pe ... rley/23265
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Peacock can help Leeds rise to challenge - Morley

Post by josie andrews »

We shall have to wait & see then eh Morley ??

This looks like Leeds still have a 'few' tickets left then.

I know we have some left, but we have sold hell of a lot direct from the RFL :)
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

"The experience of having played at Wembley 12 months ago can only be good and they can use that to their advantage. It's a daunting place and you never know how a team like Wigan will cope with the pressure"

Old people do say the funniest things don't they. Moz has obviously forgotten how our young guns froze on the last big occasion. Was it October or November? I forget. It was somewhere in Manchester though. And I supped a lot of ale!
OJ

Post by OJ »

josie andrews wrote: It's a daunting place and you never know how a team like Wigan will cope with the pressure.
I gave up reading the article at this point as the poor guy hasn't just got double vision - he's got brain damage
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

OJ wrote:
josie andrews wrote: It's a daunting place and you never know how a team like Wigan will cope with the pressure.
I gave up reading the article at this point as the poor guy hasn't just got double vision - he's got brain damage

:lol: :lol:
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

OJ wrote:
Ha Ha :thum:
warrior1989

Post by warrior1989 »

Has Mr Morley ever heard of the saying sour grapes ? Is this the same morley whos Warrington team where outclassed by us hmm ? :eusa16:
BriH

Post by BriH »

josie andrews wrote:Former Leeds favourite Adrian Morley is tipping his old club to taste Wembley glory by defeating Wigan Warriors in the 2011 Carnegie Challenge Cup final on Saturday week.

And Morley, a Wembley winner with Leeds in 1999, has one piece of advice for any Leeds fan who doubts the Rhinos' ability to beat hot favourites Wigan - 'Do you really want to miss a Leeds Wembley win?'

"I keep hearing that some Leeds fans aren't getting behind the team because they don't think they can beat the Warriors and that's just crazy - you can't dismiss a team like Leeds in a Wembley final," said Morley.

"It's going to be a cracking match. Leeds usually save their best performances for matches against Wigan and the Warriors know they're going to be in a game.

"The Rhinos won't be short of motivation either because they know they didn't do themselves justice last year. I know a lot of their players and I know they're still hurting.

"The experience of having played at Wembley 12 months ago can only be good and they can use that to their advantage. It's a daunting place and you never know how a team like Wigan will cope with the pressure.

"There's a lot of history weighing on the shoulders of all the Wigan players and this is going to be a big day for them, especially their young guns They'll know all about the club's history in the competition and how much expectation comes with that."

Morley, who led Warrington Wolves to back-to-back Wembley wins in 2009 and 2010, is a close friend with Leeds prop Jamie Peacock and believes the England captain's presence could prove the difference.

"It was really tough on 'JP' when he had to miss last year's final after injuring his knee following the semi-final and this is a massive match for him. Playing at Wembley is something he's dreamed about all his life and he can be counted upon to lead from the front," said Morley.

"I can't believe anyone would doubt that a Wembley team featuring the likes of 'JP' won't give as good as it gets. We're training at Warrington on the day of the final so I can't make it but it would be a shame if Leeds don't get the massive support they deserve."

Leeds fans can purchase tickets in all price brackets directly from the Ticket Office at Headingley Carnegie Stadium or by calling 0871 423 1315 (calls cost 10p per minute).

Official coach travel is also available to book. Coaches will depart from Headingley Carnegie Stadium at 7.00am on Saturday August 27.

Tickets for the 2011 Carnegie Challenge Cup final, Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors at Wembley Stadium on Saturday August 27 can also be purchased from the RFL Ticket Office on 0844 856 1113 or by visiting www.rugbyleaguetickets.co.uk

http://www.superleague.co.uk/article/pe ... rley/23265
Boring, boring, boring. Obviously his double vision is playing tricks! He thinks there are going to be 34 Leeds players out there!!!!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Use it for motivation - we should be aiming to smash leeds off the park
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------