Solomona banned

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Solomona banned

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan have received a boost ahead of Saturday's Challenge Cup final with the news that Harrison Hansen has been cleared to play at Wembley.

The second rower was in danger of missing out on the showpiece after he was charged with a dangerous tackle on Bradford captain Andy Lynch during his side's 60-12 Super League win over the Bulls last Friday.

Hansen, who has missed only one of the champions' last 13 matches, was summoned to appear before a Rugby Football League disciplinary committee on Tuesday.

However the Samoa international was found not guilty of the grade B offence, meaning he is available for selection to face Leeds this weekend.

Duo suspended

Meanwhile, Warrington's David Solomona will miss his club's crucial Super League showdown with the Warriors on Sunday week after being handed a one-match ban for a dangerous tackle.

The back rower was punished for an incident during the Wolves' 25-12 away win over Catalan Dragons last Saturday and will have to sit out a fixture that could decide who will end up being crowned minor premiers.

St Helens' Jon Wilkin has also been suspended for one game for a trip on Hull KR centre Kris Welham during his side's 24-22 defeat at Craven Park.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12215_7120255,00.html
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southernpie

Re: Solomona banned

Post by southernpie »

josie andrews wrote:Wigan have received a boost ahead of Saturday's Challenge Cup final with the news that Harrison Hansen has been cleared to play at Wembley.
:eusa3: :eusa3: :eusa3: :eusa3:
josie andrews wrote:The second rower was in danger of missing out on the showpiece after he was charged with a dangerous tackle on Bradford captain Andy Lynch during his side's 60-12 Super League win over the Bulls last Friday.

Hansen, who has missed only one of the champions' last 13 matches, was summoned to appear before a Rugby Football League disciplinary committee on Tuesday.

However the Samoa international was found not guilty of the grade B offence, meaning he is available for selection to face Leeds this weekend.
Here we go, here we go, here we go, give to 'em H
josie andrews wrote:Duo suspended

Meanwhile, Warrington's David Solomona will miss his club's crucial Super League showdown with the Warriors on Sunday week after being handed a one-match ban for a dangerous tackle.

The back rower was punished for an incident during the Wolves' 25-12 away win over Catalan Dragons last Saturday and will have to sit out a fixture that could decide who will end up being crowned minor premiers.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke :doz: Can someone slip Briers a very powerful Laxative on the morning of the match, then my happiness will be complete prior to the match.
josie andrews wrote: St Helens' Jon Wilkin has also been suspended for one game for a trip on Hull KR centre Kris Welham during his side's 24-22 defeat at Craven Park.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12215_7120255,00.html
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
thomo

Post by thomo »

whats the betting he appeals and gets let off
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Andy Wilson was debating on Twitter whether he could use this weekend's reserves game to see out his ban?
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Kittwazzer wrote:Andy Wilson was debating on Twitter whether he could use this weekend's reserves game to see out his ban?
Yeh that would be about right!! :snea1:
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
OJ

Post by OJ »

I don't like this bloke, most rugby players are pretty honest and you can tell from their reactions if they haven't got the ball down when going for a try but not Lard Ar$e he claims everything and I don't like that. Anyway according to his coach he was gone for the season after that naughty Wigan player had the bare faced audacity to tackle him in the challenge cup quarter final and he subsequently fell on his lunch and had to get carried from the field of play by a team of mules and it was then claimed he was gone for the season. No doubt he will appeal and get a Wigan player banned in his place.

Rant over.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

OJ

Post by OJ »

The back page of the rag which is the Warrington Guardian has Tony Smith banging on about the RFL's lack of consistency and wants to know why Solidmona has been banned for one game when Harrison Hansen escaped a guilty verdict for the same offence (their words not mine) it is a long article but there is no link available yet - will post one when it appears.
It does make us realise how much better it is to have a dignified coach like Michael Maguire and I do wish someone would get a grip of Tony Smith and tell him to keep his opinions to himself especially when he is wrong, just like he was with what he said about Solomona's "season ending injury" after the challenge cup quarter. Even Wire fans admit that there was nothing in Hansen's tackle whereas Solomona has admitted he was in the wrong and pleaded guilty and much to my amazement has no plans to appeal.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I think Tony Smith realises his team is not good enough.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

jobo

Post by jobo »

gpartin wrote:I think Tony Smith realises his team is not good enough.
It's definitely beginning to dawn on him. After they beat us earlier in the season, they've regressed, while we've progressed. Another one getting his excuses in first. :eusa9: :eusa9:
OJ

Post by OJ »

Anyone who wants to comment can log on to the site and leave their thoughts if they so wish

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/wol ... nishments/

TONY Smith has raised questions about the Rugby Football League’s application of disciplinary punishment after forward David Solomona was this week handed a one-match ban for dangerous contact, while Wigan Warriors’ Harrison Hansen escaped a guilty verdict for the same offence.

Wolves’ head of coaching and rugby found it ‘hard to handle’ after learning he would have to prepare for his side’s make-or-break League Leaders’ Shield battle against Wigan Warriors on September 4 without the hard-hitting packman, while also dealing with the continued loss of forwards Ben Westwood and Adrian Morley due to injury.

“I’m not surprised that he got a week's suspension, but I am surprised that other people didn’t,” said Smith.

“If you can fathom out the judicial system that we operate under, well, I’d like to understand it myself.

“It is very difficult to understand but I will try to find out the details of why one player gets suspended and others don’t.

“There may be some rhyme or reason to it, but it is hard to work out.”

Solomona was said to be disappointed that he will miss Wolves’ biggest game of the season so far, but has no plans to appeal the ban for a ‘Grade B charge for dangerous contact’ on Catalan’s Jean-Philippe Baile in Saturday’s club record eighth successive Super League win in Perpignan.

“He understands,” said Smith.

“We are not disappointed with the fact he got suspended because he put someone in a dangerous position.

“But to see other people do the same thing and get away with it, and not be punished, that is the hard bit to handle.”

The loss of such an important impact player is a bitter pill to swallow for Smith, especially after watching Westwood limp from the field against Wakefield two weeks ago and captain Morley’s continued absence with a stubborn head injury.

But the former England boss did have some positive news to give in the build-up to the soon-to-be sold out clash at The Halliwell Jones Stadium in 10 days’ time, with the return of other players from injury that will provide a welcome boost to his weakened pack.

“Ben Harrison is fine after ripping his ear (against Catalan). He got some stitches put in and will be fine for that match,” said Smith.

“Hopefully we’ll have Simon Grix (groin injury) back in as well, so we should be fine.”

Smith also left the door open for the speedy return of full back Brett Hodgson from a quad tear, with a slim possibility of the former Man of Steel returning in time for the visit of Michael Maguire’s men.

He said: “Brett is also making good progress. I doubt that he’ll make that game but we’ll keep an open mind on that.

“We’ll have a different team than we did against Catalan. There have been some forced changes and a few players made available, so we’ll be shuffling things about.”

Mickey Higham will also return after suspension but despite the excitement building ahead of the crunch clash, Smith was typically dismissive of one particular match holding any specific importance.

“It’s just a round like any other,” he said.

“All 27 rounds are important to us and we’ll go about it exactly like we would any other game.”

:)