Wigan discipline Sam

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the winky one

Re: Wigan discipline Sam

Post by the winky one »

HGWarrior wrote:RFL fine of £1000 suspended until end of 2012 season.
When I first read that HG... I glanced at it quickly and thought it meant Sam suspended until the end of 2012...
I nearly fainted.. :eusa4: :eusa4:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

the winky one wrote:
HGWarrior wrote:RFL fine of £1000 suspended until end of 2012 season.
When I first read that HG... I glanced at it quickly and thought it meant Sam suspended until the end of 2012...
I nearly fainted.. :eusa4: :eusa4:
I did a double take as well.

Apparently a lot of opposition fans thought the same but instead of realising that was a ludicrous and highly improbable outcome and reading it again to make sure, they were tweeting it like mad that he really was banned for a full season. A case of seeing what they wanted to see despite it being the most improbable punishment ever, then being gutted that they were wrong and also that they looked rather stupid.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The RFL base decisions on publicity IMO; Hetherington kicked up a fuss about Nathan Brown and hey presto he got fined, the media seized on Sam's stupid v sign and hey presto.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:If I saw it right it was Joel who flicked the v's first
Not a jot said !
Correct!!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

gpartin wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:If I saw it right it was Joel who flicked the v's first
Not a jot said !
Correct!!
At what point was this? I missed it!
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Interesting, saw that claim about Joel in Leeds postings. On TV it looks as though Joel lifts index finger up to Leeds fans and not Vs?

Also claims that Joel knees HAll on his 2nd try but I don't see that, looks like he was trying to shove him into touch with his hip?