Tomkins - Four Nations Boycott

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Tomkins - Four Nations Boycott

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Just look at what some Whino's arse is writing on Southstander. What an absolute to55er.

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=506117

Much has been made by the booing of him at the Exiles game (and whilst I didn't partake of it myself, I can understand the reactions towards him, given his penalty-milking antics across Northern England) but it is worthwhile considering that Leeds fans seem to have been blamed for the booing

And, given the supposed respect campaign towards match officials, check out the reaction of Sam Tompkins towards Rob Hicks after the scoring of the last Ryan Hall try at Wembley ... A flurry of screaming abuse towards someone doing their job to the best of their abilities.

So, what can you do ?

I know some of you will have got tickets for the England games already and that's fair enough .... But for those of you that haven't and were thinking of going, do you really want to pay your hard earned cash towards someone that shows that level of contempt towards you ?

Is Sam Tompkins worthy of representing this nation on the back of those sort of antics and abuse towards match officials ?

The ball is very much in the RFL's court and if they fail to deal with this matter, then our response is to not support the 'national' team.

You might also want to consider boycotting England shirts and merchandise (they don't look very good anyway) and / or withdrawing your email address and details from RFL mailing lists.

Wembley is going to look very big and very empty without the thousands of Leeds fans that otherwise would be there .... And let's see the RFL try and fill it with Wigan 'bandwaggoners' and Hunslet fans etc. They need us down there far more than we need them (you could always watch the national side getting hammered on Sky, if you're that interested)
gpartin

Re: Tomkins - Four Nations Boycott

Post by gpartin »

Pathetic
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Leeds are quickly becomming my most hated team. Only sinfield and peacock have any respect/dignity.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

AdamMac wrote:Leeds are quickly becomming my most hated team. Only sinfield and peacock have any respect/dignity.
Sorry cant agree. Sinfield's constant moaning at referee's and Peacock's High tackles and stamping on opponents doses not come across well either IMO .

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:
AdamMac wrote:Leeds are quickly becomming my most hated team. Only sinfield and peacock have any respect/dignity.
Sorry cant agree. Sinfield's constant moaning at referee's and Peacock's High tackles and stamping on opponents doses not come across well either IMO .

Regards , EW
Sinfield is the captain though so he can 'talk' to the ref. Peacock is an honest pro IMO. He's doesn't do the niggle cr@p like bailey etc and try kicking it off but if it happens then he backs his team
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Sour about losing the CC much?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Funny. where are these 'thousands of leeds fans' coming from? the authors imagination? Or are they turning up 3 months late to Wembley?

So, if we take Wayne Wooney for example swearing down a camera lense. Now, Euro 2012: Rooney is very hot scoring goals and is our number one striker and hope for some success. Let's all boycott buying merchandise, the inevitable BBQ's, family fun, possible England shirt purchases or cancel our trip to Poland then?

I think not.

Fact is. 18 Times Champions.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Some people will do simply anything to try and discredit our win. The level of jealousy around Tomkins is utterly amazing. I would challenge anyone to say that they wouldn't have Sam in their team, regardless of what they think about him.

He is a cockey little bugger but it's that level of confidence that makes him the player that he is.

And if there are fans who do boycott the four nations because of the most exciting player in the SL...... then let them stay at home. I'm sure we'll miss all 12 of them!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
iwficon

Post by iwficon »

One word on Leeds Captain Kevin Sinfield and Great Britain captain Jamie Peacock...

Neither of them would speak to the national press after Saturday's game apparently.

It's worth remembering this in October when Peacock complains about Rugby League internationals not getting the press of the Union ones.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Just look at what some Whino's arse is writing on Southstander. What an absolute to55er.

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=506117

Is Sam Tompkins worthy of representing this nation on the back of those sort of antics and abuse towards match officials ?

)
I don't know, I've never seen TomPkins play, have you?

I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09