DVD Recording

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Leyther Pie

DVD Recording

Post by Leyther Pie »

Right i hope someone can help me with this.

I am in the process of copying some rugby games from my Sky+ box to my dvd recorder. I have managed to copy the games but when i put the copied disc into my laptop it says the disk is empty (they do play on my dvd player though). I want to put them onto my external hard drive for safe keeping but cant seem to get the dvd to play or be recognised on laptop.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Danny
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
southernpie

Re: DVD Recording

Post by southernpie »

Check the settings on your DVD recorder and look for "Finalise" I have a finalise button on my remote. When you have finished recording you have to "finalise" the disc to prevent any more recordings on that disc. Until you do this the disc will only play in your DVD recorder.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

Cheers pal just done it and it works a dream. Another question is there any good editing software to make the picture a bit more crisp as its a tad poor when i watch it back.

Danny
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

southernpie wrote:Check the settings on your DVD recorder and look for "Finalise" I have a finalise button on my remote. When you have finished recording you have to "finalise" the disc to prevent any more recordings on that disc. Until you do this the disc will only play in your DVD recorder.
Glad you mentioned the finalise button,because even though
I use it,I still can't play DVDs on other tellys,just the one I did the recording on...The picture is quite shaky. :conf:
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

I am getting confused here - I have copied the dvd to my laptop but it is in VTS/TS format in 5 seperate files. How do i get these to AVI format in 1 file so i can put onto my portable hard drive (i play all my movies from my Poratable Hard drive on my Blu ray player via USB).

Cheers

Danny
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Use a converter I use AVS Video Converter 7.0
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

Cheers CP i have downloaded RER Video converter so hope it works. Gonna try tomoz
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Should work ok LP. Give GP a PM if you still have trouble, he is pretty clued up on techy matters.