Latics4Eva

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Latics4Eva

Post by Fraggle »

latics4eva posted:
Fraggle posted:
ww posted:
I reckon he has some points thou! Just take a look at our record 10 years ago compared to now we suck
Haven't Wigan RLFC won more things in the last 10 years than the Latics? Actual trophies, I mean, not things like coming 2nd in what-should-still-be-called the 2nd Division.
That is the end of an era, just like rugby latics will grow stronger n stronger with attendance doubling over the next 2 seasons
Well that'll bring to a couple of thousand then. Only another 23000 to go until you can fill the place... Or perhaps you'll grow so big that you'll need a bigger stadium, at which point we'll happily take the JJB off your hands. You could move in with Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

What to 6000 :) :) :lol:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

latics4eva posted:
Fraggle posted:
ww posted:
I reckon he has some points thou! Just take a look at our record 10 years ago compared to now we suck
Haven't Wigan RLFC won more things in the last 10 years than the Latics? Actual trophies, I mean, not things like coming 2nd in what-should-still-be-called the 2nd Division.
That is the end of an era, just like rugby latics will grow stronger n stronger with attendance doubling over the next 2 seasons
By the way, well done for successfully not bothering to answer any of the points put to you. What a good way to be taken seriously.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

latics4eva posted:
Fraggle posted:
ww posted:
What is the end of an era? I dont really understand. Just talk about rugby because I dont think nobody really cares about latics on this board. Were rugby fans so just talk about anything to do with rugby.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

latics4eva posted:
Fraggle posted:
ww posted:
But how are you saying the 2 are linked? Have we gone kack because you got promoted (or vice versa)? Of course not. The results of one team have no effect on the results of the other.

If the 2 aren't linked then, why are you here talking only about Latics' (admittedly brilliant) achievement? We are here to discuss all things RL - you might get a better debate sticking to a soccer site.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

warrior till i die posted:
well it was always going to happen ww. The other teams turned pro and the thing which done us most was the salary cap (which I have never quite understood) all weve got to do is be patient and wait for Millward to work his magic.
It was before the salary cap came in that our problems started - spending money we hadn't got (like CC prize money, before we'd actually won it!). That made it necessary to sell off many of our best players, which worsened results even more.
If any one turning point could be chosen, it was losing to Salford in '96.
I still see the salary cap idea as basically a good one; it's the 20/20 I disagree with. I believe clubs should be able to distribute their £1.8m how they feel is best for them - whether it's a lot of high-paid stars, with little in reserve, or vice-versa. (or somewhere in-between)
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
[
Well that'll bring to a couple of thousand then. Only another 23000 to go until you can fill the place... Or perhaps you'll grow so big that you'll need a bigger stadium, at which point we'll happily take the JJB off your hands. You could move in with Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok...
They won't have a problem filling the JJB - with away fans!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

latics4eva posted:
lol just take it and lie down wigan rugby are finished saints will now dominate. every1 is chuffed to bits that wigan now have an ex st helens coach lmao when he went to st helens in the first place you all called him crap you all live in dreamland pretendin that u could be as good as u were which admittedly WAS good but now u suck and will never reach those heights again like i said b4 R.I.P wigan warriors it will take more than a miracle to save u now. BTW i hear parsons meadow is goin cheap trhese days maybe u can play there lol :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Why do you care what happens to Wigan Rugby? You'd have a more balanced point of view with a chip on both shoulders!!