Eddie

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
irishwarrior

Eddie

Post by irishwarrior »

If the sport of rugby league is to be taken seriously by new fans, eddie has to go. In other sports on tv, football, union, f1 etc. The commentators are polished knowledgable professionals. Sky have to employ a Martin Tyler type figure to take the coverage to a new level.

Eddie is a smartarse, we have all encountered them and that is not what is required to front serious professional sports coverage.
Kittwazzer

Re: Eddie

Post by Kittwazzer »

At one point, Edwig suggested we might not make the GF. In fact, on the back of one off day, he's written off our entire season!
irishwarrior

Post by irishwarrior »

thats the 'knowall' in him. Commentators should not be like that, they should have the real knowledge not be so self opinionated and loving of hearing their own voice!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

On the radio coming home listened to the Giants/Quins game.

The commentator stated that Wire had beaten us by 49 - 12 & that Giants will now face Warrington in the play-offs!!!

Are we all skipping next weeks games :conf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ToffeePie

Post by ToffeePie »

Eddie and Stevo have been past their sell by date for years now but untill they retire themselves I think we will just have to wish for a Gray and Keyes like scandal
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Considering he is a wire fan - he probably had to change his trousers at half time. He would be better off letting his wig do the commentary. Any of the other commentators could do as good a job as he does.

A joke and not a very funny one at that.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

for me it's not like there's any shortage of potential replacements either! Frankly i'd have Clarke'e, Carney, Jon Wells, Bill Arthur, Shaun McRae, Robbie Paul, Nobby or even a handful of fans out the terraces before i'd renew their contracts. It always makes me laugh going through youtube videos and bits on the net. They are always plagued with comments from Aussies such as "i don't know how you guys put up with this commentary".... To which i agree, strongly.