An Historic Night Out

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: An Historic Night Out

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:Gave all my old shirts to a charity that takes them to village in Africa,
so I only have last years & this years left now :exc:
No offence Josie, but if your old shirts fit an African, he's not starving! :lol:
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Gave all my old shirts to a charity that takes them to village in Africa,
No offence Josie, but if your old shirts fit an African, he's not starving! :lol:
Now there is a very brave or daft man :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well I thought thr pre-match parade of veteran players was absolutely excellent.

The cheers for the ikes of Andy Gregory, Henderson Gill, Westy, Connolly and all the rest were great.

And all those trophies such as the Lancashire Cup, WCC from 1994 etc just shows the heritage our club truly has.

A lot of fans accuse us of living in the past whenever our records in any competition gets mentioned but when it is laid out in front of you like that it just shows what a fantastic club Wigan is and it is nothing but jealousy and a history they would die for.
TSB

Post by TSB »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Not very nice kitty :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
They weren't for 'starving Africans', I didn't say that!

They were for young kids who play sports but don't have any sort of sporting gear. I'm sure a lot of the rugby/ football shirts, shorts, socks or boots wouldn't fit a lot of them either. But the the generosity of people such as myself gave these 'poor' kids at least some sports sort of equipment to wear when they are playing whatever game, which is more likely or not football, that they play!!

And BTW not all of my shirts were large, I know I'm a fat bas***d now, but if you were on steroids every month you'd be a lot lot bigger than me :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
kick it int duggie again

Post by kick it int duggie again »

was that you waving your scarf tied to your stick josie
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

kick it int duggie again wrote:was that you waving your scarf tied to your stick josie
Yep, that was me :) In the East stand?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

"And BTW not all of my shirts were large, I know I'm a fat bas***d now, but if you were on steroids every month you'd be a lot lot bigger than me"

A popular fat barsteward though, unlike me I'm a grumpyoldfart & proud of it! :wink:

Entry Of The Gladiators, what a memory. Not forgetting Wigan Rugby Club best in all the land!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wandering Warrior wrote:"And BTW not all of my shirts were large, I know I'm a fat bas***d now, but if you were on steroids every month you'd be a lot lot bigger than me"
A popular fat barsteward though, unlike me I'm a grumpyoldfart & proud of it! :wink:

Entry Of The Gladiators, what a memory. Not forgetting Wigan Rugby Club best in all the land!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Thank you :lol: :wink:

Yeah listening to Entry of the Gladiators brought a lot of memories back :)

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Obviously it is great to see the name BUT what I liked was the very old players who were not huge stars (at least I had not heard of them)and fringe players from most recent eras being treated with great respect.

I would love for the club to fund a past player blazer/suit etc and having something like that given to all past players participating in such events.