Rangi Chase!!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
butt monkey

Re: Rangi Chase!!

Post by butt monkey »

OJ wrote:Some fans of the league leaders seem to think he is going there
http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=507870
I thought they had filled their overseas quota with the signing of Trent Waterhouse?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Millward was not first choice at Cas. The job was offered to somebody else but his wife was not keen on coming to the UK.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

warrior49 wrote:Rumour has it that Chase would cost half a million (£500,000)........so it was never going to happen.
This is THE massive stumbling block:
RUGBY league star Rangi Chase is free to fly back to his English club team today after receiving a suspended prison sentence from a Gold Coast court yesterday over a pub brawl that left a man with a fractured jaw.

Appearing in Southport Magistrates Court under his birth name of Moutoa Lance Chase, the New Zealand-born English Super League playmaker admitted one count of grievous bodily harm stemming from the incident at the Gold Coast's Mermaid Tavern in November 2008
Chase did not talk to reporters outside the court yesterday, but defence lawyer Campbell McCallum said his client was deeply remorseful.

He said Chase would pay $10,000 compensation to Mr Tibaldi, who spent four days in hospital and had to take a month off work.

Chase is hoping to fly back to the UK today to play for the Tigers against Leeds Rhinos tomorrow night.

Mr McCallum said Chase was contracted to the UK club until 2015, but faced an anxious wait for a visa renewal next year, with the incident and a suspended jail sentence now hanging over his head.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6112349337
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

The visa is always going to be problematic and needs sorting out before anything else. Must admit, I am surprised at the half million figure in these days when any transfer fee is rare. It is obviously a strategy designed to keep him.

Danny Orr his agent????
OJ

Post by OJ »

butt monkey wrote:I thought they had filled their overseas quota with the signing of Trent Waterhouse?
No idea, just saw it posted on their board. You know what Wire are like these days though, they are probably claiming that Solomona's granny was born in Orford or something similar
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

BigJeffLima

Post by BigJeffLima »

so realistically is signing chase not possible due to money reasons and visa problems?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

warrior49 wrote:Thank you for posting this...Kitwazzer read and weep you fool..
Who are you thanking, and for posting what?

What am I meant to read, and why am I meant to weep?

Gobshite! :o
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Kittwazzer wrote:
warrior49 wrote:Thank you for posting this...Kitwazzer read and weep you fool..
Who are you thanking, and for posting what?

What am I meant to read, and why am I meant to weep?

Gobshite! :o
Good question!! Maybe it was the bit in the article where it mentioned a 500k fee? :lol:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Warrior49 I believe Kittwazzer was asking a question about where the figure came from. You've already spat your dummy out about a post being deleted that wasn't and now this little outburst! I suggest you concentrate a bit harder in English lessons and learn how to read.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

gpartin wrote: Good question!! Maybe it was the bit in the article where it mentioned a 500k fee? :lol:
4 questions actually Gaz and I'd settle for a reasoned answer to any of them!