Bradford Bulls - Chairman apologises

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Bradford Bulls - Chairman apologises

Post by Kittwazzer »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 897918.stm
Bradford chairman Peter Hood has apologised to fans for the club's poor Super League season.

The Bulls missed out on the play-offs for a third straight year and won just nine of their 27 games, despite bringing in new head coach Mick Potter.

Keith Lulia and Luke Gale are two of the signings for the 2012 season as the Bulls aim for an improvement.

"I want to acknowledge the pain every fan is feeling because 2011 was a very poor season," Hood said.

In a more successful period, Bradford reached five consecutive Grand Finals up to 2005.

Continue reading the main story

A few of the losses were very bad indeed, not just in terms of the result but also in terms of the way those games were lost, and that is unacceptable.

Ten new signings under Potter in the last year failed to revive performances on the pitch as the club cut season ticket prices to improve match attendances.

Bradford chairman Peter Hood

"Some of our performances simply weren't quite good enough. Those dropped points made all the difference at the business end of the season.

"But a few of the losses were very bad indeed, not just in terms of the result but also in terms of the way those games were lost, and that is unacceptable. We need to fix things up and we will.

"The re-signings and new players coming in for 2102 and other changes planned are designed to get us up the table, into a play-off spot and pushing for top six."
Kittwazzer

Re: Bradford Bulls - Chairman apologises

Post by Kittwazzer »

I was going to say something along the lines of 'Potter damned with faint praise'. But when I read it again, I realised there was no praise at all!
josie andrews

Re: Bradford Bulls - Chairman apologises

Post by josie andrews »

Mick Potter braced for Bradford Bulls fans’ backlash

Mick Potter expects some earnest exchanges with supporters when he and five other senior Bulls staff occupy the top table for tomorrow night’s end-of-season fans’ forum at Odsal.

Head coach Potter is joined by chairman Peter Hood, head of youth development Paul Medley, director Andrew Bennett, chief executive Ryan Duckett and media manager Stuart Duffy in the Coral Stand at 7.30pm.

I’m looking forward to it being a good discussion and in good spirit but I’m sure there’ll be some frustrated fans there

All club members are invited to attend (team cards must be produced on entry) with initial questions being pre-determined, although there will be a chance to discuss anything else when, time permitting, further views are invited from the floor later.

“I’m looking forward to it being a good discussion and in good spirit but I’m sure there’ll be some frustrated fans there,” said Potter.

“But I can assure them that everyone has been frustrated that we haven’t performed well and aren’t where we wanted to be. I expect some of that frustration to be vented at the forum.

“There are reasons and there were things that went on and I don’t think anyone was under an illusion that it wasn’t going to be tough.

“I can see where the fans are coming from and I sit beside them as a fan of rugby league and of Bradford.

“Come September next year, I’d like to think we’ll be in a much better position than we are now. I’m confident in my ability and in the players’ ability.”

Potter, who expects his four new signings to arrive at the end of next month, has already said goodbye to outgoing scrum half Marc Herbert, who set off on a two-month tour of Europe last Sunday before heading home to Canberra to continue studying for a degree.

Utility back Shad Royston is also departing for France, although he is currently on crutches.

Potter said: “Shad has a medial ligament injury and we will continue to provide a medical service to him while he’s here. But he has commitments with Pia which start soon.”

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/s ... h/?ref=rss
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan