Hoff Ready for Playoffs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Hoff Ready for Playoffs

Post by josie andrews »

In his latest blog Ryan Hoffman is looking forward to the Playoffs and Sunday's massive game with St Helens.

Writing this week he said,

"To be honest I think the guys are happy now the regular season is over with and we can really focus on the playoffs.

"We've known for some time that we were going to be involved and now we can give it our all knowing we have to play our best footy to get to Old Trafford.

"What better way to start the playoffs than with a derby against the old enemy St Helens. These games are always special and I know this one will be too.

"Saints have started to come into some good form lately and the Challenge Cup Semi was a real tough encounter, they've got real quality throughout their squad and we've got to be ready."

To read the full blog [click here].

Hoff the Record is kindly sponsored by The Tavern, Bar & Thai Restaurant. For more information click the banner below.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 437&type=1
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Hoff Ready for Playoffs - HOFF THE RECORD

Post by josie andrews »

HOFF THE RECORD

Hey guys, how's it going?

I've got to admit it was really disappointing the way things turned out last weekend at Warrington with us going down to defeat there and relinquishing top spot.

Some would look to the cup final as a distraction but believe me our prep for that game was as good as it could have been and that's what made it so disappointing. We did a lot of uncharacteristic things in that game but we've analysed that and moved on from it.

We are still confident in our ability and are ready to kick on in the play offs.

On Friday night we rounded off our league campaign with a good win at home to Crusaders. I think we started the game trying too hard to make amends for the week before but once we settled down and got into the swing of things we did what we do best and put away a few good tries. It was a great crowd on Friday night and a great way to finish the regular season in front of our great fans.

On behalf of the players I'd also like to pass on my condolences to the family and friends of fan Mark Evans who sadly passed away on Friday.

I spotted that the Dream Team was announced earlier this week and I raise my hat to Sam, George and Lockers. They deserve a spot in there for sure and have all had great seasons. Believe me the best signing this club has made for next season is getting George to go around again next year! The guy is a workhorse and a real gent too.

To be honest I think the guys are happy now the regular season is over with and we can really focus on the playoffs. We've known for some time that we were going to be involved and now we can give it our all knowing we have to play our best footy to get to Old Trafford.

What better way to start the playoffs than with a derby against the old enemy St Helens. These games are always special and I know this one will be too. Saints have started to come into some good form lately and the Challenge Cup Semi was a real tough encounter, they've got real quality throughout their squad and we've got to be ready.

You've no excuse for missing this one! Cancel that holiday or that date with your other half, heck bring them along to the game it should be a great match and one you won't want to miss!

Hoff

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WBlogp.aspx?id=10
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
neilbass

Re: Hoff Ready for Playoffs

Post by neilbass »

Believe me the best signing this club has made for next season is getting George to go around again next year!
Whilst George is a great player, I find this statement a bit worrying :roll:
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

You've no excuse for missing this one! Cancel that holiday

Hope you are reading this josie :o
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
BigJeffLima

Re: Hoff Ready for Playoffs

Post by BigJeffLima »

Come on hofff ! :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Leyther Pie wrote: You've no excuse for missing this one! Cancel that holiday

Hope you are reading this josie :o
How do you think I feel?? :(

Postponed major spinal surgery in 2007 so I wouldn't miss half a season & more importantly the last home game of the season against....Saints!!!

Managed 2 playoff games as well, the Bradford greatest comeback & the Hull game.

Had the op the following Wednesday but had to have a room with Sky Sports, that was another of my provisos. Watched the Leeds game connected to drips, tubes & bottles with my Wigan shirt over everything, shouting & screaming at the tv :lol: :lol:

My neurosurgeon & the nurses though I was mad....they weren't far wrong :wink: