Tony Smith

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
OJ

Tony Smith

Post by OJ »

Not much happening so just been having a look see on RLFans and was intrigues by this post by a Wire fan about their coach. Strange how we all see things differently, I think he is a bit of a whinger when they get beaten and quite why the poster is having a go at Michael Maguire I really don't know so don't know if it is just the way I view Tony Smith. Clearly he and his discipline have been good for Wire - stopping Briers getting rat legged all the time was a huge boost for them for straters. What does everyone else think of him?

sir adrian morley

what a coach and what a guy...never moans never condones any ill discipline always gracious in defeat...and never goes over the top in victory something a coach up the m6 could learn from......in the time in charge he`s brought us silverware we could only dream of 2 challenge cups and now the league leaders shield and there could be more..best coach in the league by far

All other comments here:

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=507734
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sutty

Re: Tony Smith

Post by Sutty »

You should just reply to the idiot with a couple of quotes from Smith, post challenge cup loss. Together with the "no excuses" quotes by Madge after all our losses. Some people really are blinkered beyond belief

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

smith is a rat-faced whiner - look how he reacted after they got beat in the CC demanding that Coley get banned for a legimate tackle on fat-boy solomona. He says "no excuses" after a loss and then reels out a whole host of reasons why they shouldn't have lost putting the blame everywhere but at the door of his team (many of his excuses are a figment of his imagination!).

The poster supports wire - and presumably likes cry baby briers and dog molester mongahan as well - what else is there to say! He's not going to say "smith is a disgrace; but compared to some of the players on our rosta he's an angel" are they?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
OJ

Post by OJ »

Agree with both of you - can't be bothered replying Sutty as it would be like talking to a brick wall and I might as well leave the guy in la la land, there is an NHS treatment centre at the HJ and the poster has clearly had his head turned by the fact that Tony Smith held the door open for him once and smiled at him (must have had indigestion I reckon as he seems incapable of smiling to me) and some of the other posts on the same thread are stomach turning. Was just interested to see the huge difference in how they view their coach and how we see him. They also think on there that Wigan have the RFL in our pockets when it comes to disciplinary matters! :lol:
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.