Next week vs Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Next week vs Catalans

Post by cpwigan »

I thought the battering we got v Wire would have stirred them. Now, I just think are they bothered? Do they want the season to end ASAP?
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Pat looked uninterested or is he carrying a knock?
Ive said this to the wife for a few weeks now
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:I thought the battering we got v Wire would have stirred them. Now, I just think are they bothered? Do they want the season to end ASAP?
I certainly do. Much rather Cats put us out of our misery than suffer a mauling by Dire at OT. Let Stains enjoy that one eh!
michael inch stoke

On todays performance there is no way we will get to the Grand Final
onedego

Post by onedego »

tonight, i go home, and put this shirt into the box of Wigan Shirts.

Season done.

Hopefully, some work can be done over the off-season to bring back the force of 2010.
michael inch stoke

onedego wrote:tonight, i go home, and put this shirt into the box of Wigan Shirts.

Season done.

Hopefully, some work can be done over the off-season to bring back the force of 2010.
I thought you would be happier with this season winning the cc rather than being called GF champions in 2010
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

onedego wrote:tonight, i go home, and put this shirt into the box of Wigan Shirts.

Season done.

I think some people are over reacting a little bit! We were far from our best today and we still could have won the game. Wouldn't take a big turnaround for us to win next week.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think in part the problem is the RFL and how they organie their competitions, structure them. The season seems to lose all momentum when it should be building up to a finale and fans/clubs seem more concerned about next season than the present one.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

"Not really, the fans have given up just like the players have seem to have done."

This is a two way thing I find. If the fans sense the players attitude is negative then the moaning starts. And there was plenty of both today!
I said before the game I wouldn't fancy cats on a Friday night, given Whelan's playing then at the DW comments, whether it be the scum or us. Even though I don't think there's much down for us I'll be there Sunday & I'm prepared to be shocked!!
:wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Think Pat's troubles may not be on the field but off it. Hands up those with a baby in the house and still getting a full nights sleep. It is also very wiping.
Jim