Next week vs Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Re: Next week vs Catalans

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Are some players worried about injury with the 4 nations coming up? As don't seem to be giving 100%
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Wigan clear but Cats got the wait, Ferriol and Scot Muirel both called for knees in and a high tackle. NFA-one match, Ferriol would be a big loss.
highland convert

One sided score but a deserved win for Cats. The platform was laid by the props. No dodgy ref needed in that game. Weather and handling we can do it but if the props dont contain them we will get the early bath. If Ferriol gets a one game it might help but he and Paeau (spelling) destroyed Hull. Our props will need to be up for it, Lima and Coley, Mossop and Prescott as the prop pairings might just contain them long enough. Our handling is much faster than Hull so evens for the win, Jim
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Pat is not fully fit, far from it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Kittwazzer wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I thought the battering we got v Wire would have stirred them. Now, I just think are they bothered? Do they want the season to end ASAP?
I certainly do. Much rather Cats put us out of our misery than suffer a mauling by Dire at OT. Let Stains enjoy that one eh!
The Cats will put us out of our misery if our forwards don't turn up and perform. If our forwards are not on top then we don't have the quality in the backs, save for ST, to win this game. In the last two big matches they have come a very distant second!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

100% Warrior wrote:After todays flat performance I'd be tempted to give the team a bit of a shake up to see if it could spark us back into life. My line up would be:

FB Richards
WG Charnley
CN J.Tomkins
CN Carmont
WG Goulding or Roberts
SO S.Tomkins
HB Finch
PR Lima
HK Leuluai
PR Mossop (hopefully)
SR Hansen
SR Farrell
LF O'Loughlin

SUB1 McIllorum
SUB2 Coley or Cross
SUB3 Prescott
SUB4 Hoffman (just think his form has really dropped in the last few weeks)

I'm dropping Pat to FB as recently he's struggled pace wise against his opponent and not taking opportunities when a gap is created. Also, think that bringing Sam into the half backs may spark some more creativity.
Why does Roberts deserve a chance? He has not cut the mustard in the U20's.

Pat is too slow to play at FB.

On recent performances I can't see why Coley should be in the 17 or why Cross should be chosen before Freddie. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, they are both past their sell by date.

In RL you have got to be ruthless hence the reason we need to replace the old guys with the new.
shaunedwardsfanclub

cumbria_warrior wrote:Pat looked uninterested or is he carrying a knock?
Last years injury was and still is the problem, it has taken yards of pace of him.
shaunedwardsfanclub

onedego wrote:tonight, i go home, and put this shirt into the box of Wigan Shirts.

Season done.

Hopefully, some work can be done over the off-season to bring back the force of 2010.
We've had a great season but it all started to go wrong when Madge announced he was leaving. In my view he should have stayed stum or passed the reins to Waney and allowed him to mould a team for next season.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Ferriol banned for Sunday.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
highland convert

Ferriol one match ban. seasons back on. Big loss to Cats,
Hudd won't have to face Bailey, he got one too. Murrel got fine but no ban for Hull but any ban would have been used up in the preseason friendlies anyway. Would Wire take us to HJ next should we shift Cats saving Hudd/Leeds/Stains for OT. http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... ml&BID=480