Bonus Payments

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Bonus Payments

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Rumours are circulating that the players have not yet received their bonus payment for winning the Challenge Cup. I hope this is just idle tickle tackle, because if it were true then we could have the answer to why we are not performing to the standards set earlier in the season.

Can anyone confirm this rumour?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Shaun1967

Re: Bonus Payments

Post by Shaun1967 »

Don't know, but I haven't been paid last months salary yet and I'm still turning up for work!
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
stegy

Post by stegy »

Would have thought any bonus payments would have to count on the salary cap so that maybe why they may have to come off next years cap. Cant see players not playing to thier max for that i think they are just knackered it will be a really big ask to beat the cats but to then go on and play say saints then wire and win i cant see it. stegy
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Money from the Cup Final can be shared amongst the players 'off cap'.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Rumours are circulating that the players have not yet received their bonus payment for winning the Challenge Cup. I hope this is just idle tickle tackle, because if it were true then we could have the answer to why we are not performing to the standards set earlier in the season.

True and if fans want to know why the players have been playing so badly recently then this is the No1 reason and why the players 'look tired'. The players are not happy at all because what they were verbally promised by IL has not materialised. My understanding is 3K per round per man.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Rumours are circulating that the players have not yet received their bonus payment for winning the Challenge Cup. I hope this is just idle tickle tackle, because if it were true then we could have the answer to why we are not performing to the standards set earlier in the season.

True and if fans want to know why the players have been playing so badly recently then this is the No1 reason and why the players 'look tired'. The players are not happy at all because what they were verbally promised by IL has not materialised. My understanding is 3K per round per man.
If you are correct then that proves that we, the fans are being short-changed by the players in their efforts irregardless of their dispute with the owner
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
jobo

Post by jobo »

butt monkey wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

If you are correct then that proves that we, the fans are being short-changed by the players in their efforts irregardless of their dispute with the owner
There's got to be more to this than meets the eye. If it is true then it's the chairman who dealing short change, not the players. Playing rl is their job and if they've been promised a bonus it should be paid.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Thought bonuses have to be ratified by the RFL if I remember salary cap rules the bonus payments must be specified by the clubs before the season starts as to how much bonuses will be paid to players if I remember correctly this is over and above the salary cap.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whatever the rules, the platers were promised a bonus and it has not happened YET hence the camp is not a happy one.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

I find this hard to believe, surely all bonus payments will be at the end of the season, as was last years for being league leaders, the bonus system is used by all clubs as an additional incentive and I am sure it will be made up of various targets, so reaching grand final/winning it will be a big chunk. But it may be true I just cant se it