Mickey Mac

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: Mickey Mac

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Lockers is never a no 6 in a million years . Why play a world class player (loose forward) out of position. I felt some of the hits he put in yesterday up in the stand .
2002 and EW is hooked
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:Team looked better without Deacs. Mickey Mac had a good game.
Totally agree. MM had a cracking game and the forwards stepped up to the plate. We will need exactly the same next week, when hopefully MM will start and get stuck into Roby.

If our forwards play as well against the Saints as they did against the Cats we will be going to OT.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I know people talk attack BUT the best form of attack is defence and Mickey Mac put a lot of attack into our defence. Forwards still need to be forwards even today.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Defensively far better without Deacs.
We still have good backline attacking options on the field without him, even if Tommy was to rest Micky Mc at 9.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think we are now nearer solving the enigma that Tommy is. Overall, Tommy is better from 9 but playing 9 prevents him offering a threat 1 pass out with those stepping/twisting/jinking runs. So, having Mickey Mac and/or Faz to drop in at 9 but when Tommy chooses to letting him have that role suits us. You also have the added bonus that it gives Lockers more passing/playmaking involvement still from LF.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

cpwigan wrote:I think we are now nearer solving the enigma that Tommy is. Overall, Tommy is better from 9 but playing 9 prevents him offering a threat 1 pass out with those stepping/twisting/jinking runs. So, having Mickey Mac and/or Faz to drop in at 9 but when Tommy chooses to letting him have that role suits us. You also have the added bonus that it gives Lockers more passing/playmaking involvement still from LF.
Could Faz play 9? Hmmmm that could be an
Option.
Up The Mont!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He was dropping in there Tony v Cats.

I think the secret IMO is too give Tommy a free reign BUT have the 9 option / tackling machine in the 13 with him. Great player that he was, Deacs days are over.

Another altwernative for 2012 is to bring Sam Powell through as he is a 7 with plenty of experience at 9 too.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I've said all along that we're a better side with both Micky and Tommy on at the same time.
Deacs did a good job for us early season, while Finch was finding his form, but we're better without him now.
markill

Post by markill »

GeoffN wrote:Deacs did a good job for us early season, while Finch was finding his form, but we're better without him now.
Nail on the head Geoff. Can't pull Mickey Mac from starting line up now. Game has to be built on defence and hard hitting early like Sunday. Its how we played all the big games last year.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN wrote:I've said all along that we're a better side with both Micky and Tommy on at the same time.
Deacs did a good job for us early season, while Finch was finding his form, but we're better without him now.
I tend to agree but the main reason I do is pace not that Tommy is a real 7 or 6. With Deacs and Finch at 6 & 7 we have no pace in the halves.

Tommy adds that pace in that area so can get after opposing players who make mid-field breaks which we got hammered with v Saints i.e it is not just attack the pace is required. His defence is VERY important and it will be v Saints and if we get there v Leeds.