Wire Scum V Leed Whino's

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
yokozuna

Re: Wire Scum V Leed Whino's

Post by yokozuna »

Was a brilliant match, and a deserved win for Leeds.

Comical refereeing again, and so blatantly biased towards Warrington. The Warrington players weren't allowed to bully Leeds, and looked to have lost the fight or an idea of how to turn the game back in their favour.

Now we have to turn stains over and we'll have a repeat of the CC final. With the same result.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

the grinch wrote:both teams played well but the better team won great game to watch and im glad warry are out i fance wigans chances more against leeds
welcome back mate, where you been hidding :D

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:A&L absolute comedy gold!
I'd steal that for my FB status but there's too many characters! :lol:
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Must be the only time I've ever enjoyed looking at Briers' face.

The Wire fans weren't happy when Ganson was forced to give a decision against them in the end.

Think we may have retained the trophy tonight.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Alex the Warrior wrote:Think we may have retained the trophy tonight.
Woah, hold on there. We've a massive game to get through tomorrow and Leeds have proved tonight they'd be no pushover should we make next weeks final.

Let's not count chickens just yet.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

100% Warrior wrote:
Woah, hold on there. We've a massive game to get through tomorrow and Leeds have proved tonight they'd be no pushover should we make next weeks final.

Absolutely correct 100% W - how anyone can pave the way for egg to be on their face at this stage, is making me really nervous !!

Two massive 80 mins left before we come through this huge test for our lads.

Lets hope "the chickens dont come home to roost!" One game at a time is how the Pro's mentality goes.

Go Warriors.
TSB

Post by TSB »

Lets have a double header to moz watch the u 20s at The LSV beat Warrington Then watch WIGAN and Saints, Beltin
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I have no illusion that tomorrow will be an automatic Wigan win and if we do win that the GF will be a Wigan win either.

But I am still rather pleased Wire got dumped out. It's just a pity it wasn't a team such as Hudds doing it rather than Leeds!

Some of the Wire fans have posted on rlfans this season as if they were automatically going to walk the grand final. They could see no other outcome and to be honest most people supporting other sides feared them the most. But that is still no excuse for the over-confidence and after they beat us to win the league leaders shield you could just tell they were gagging for us to get to the GF so they could give us a right old pasting.

Well whatever happens v Saints Wire aren't going to get that chance are they!

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

100% Warrior wrote:

Sorry but I'm with Alex. Tonight is a result in itself. Wire become the 2nd team to finish top and not make the GF. They have won 2 playoff games in their,ahem,'history' (rofl)!

Stakes have been raised tonight. Whoever wins tomorrow gets to beat the Whinos again and become Champions for the 2nd year running. Assuming its us, which it will be!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Happens every year about this time - wire have got more chokers than a UFC fight card! Rat boy's face was a picture - just a shame someone didn't punch it off.

Absolutely loved seeing wire lose. I'm no fan of the rhinos; but it was good to see the RFLs protected team get knocked out - even if it was to their other protected team. Even with ignoring the salary cap and filling their team of imports and animal abusers, they couldn't buy the title.

wire take the honour of being the first team in the new play off format to:

a)Finish top and not make the Grand Final (and only the second after stains in 2005)
b)Pick a side in club call and lose to them

They also have arguably the worst play off record in SL - with (by my estimation) only 2 victories in 9 games! That's an 18% win rate, stat fans!

Owwwwwwwwwwwww
W**ky, W**ky, W**ky, W**ky,warrington!
Owwwwwwwwwwww
W**ky, W**ky!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------