Edmondson and Wilkin

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
hayley 04

Re: Edmondson and Wilkin

Post by hayley 04 »

I thought this message board was to allow opinions. That's what I am doing and I'm certainly entitled to them. Steve Hampson was an ordinary player and that's my opinion. You obviously disagree and that's up to you. Secondly I am a loyal person who believes Danny Orr is fantastic. Again this is my opinion and obviously not yours. Please don't question my support of Danny Orr as I don't question your opinions. (Well not all the time!)
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

This board is for opinions. However, when you say "Hampson wasn't a good player at all" you tell us more about yourself than you think you do!!
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

How do you work that out jinkin jimmy? It's only my opinion.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I work it out because it is obviously the opinion of someone who deosn't understand what they are watching. Sorry to have to say it, but you did ask.

Apart from your comment that I previously mentioned, I have noticed when re-reading your posts that you also called Hampson a "liability" (!).

How do you work that out? He was by far the safest full back of his generation.

I won't say any more on the subject - we are obviously poles apart, but I would suspect you would have virtually no support for you opinion from anyone who watched this magnificent full back ply his trade. I leave you to have the last word.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

GeoffN posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
jinkin jimmy posted: :eusa2:
Rumours about being linked to Saints players have started because of the signing of Millward.

What about a Bull in the team to beef us up like Peacock - off contract this year.
Peacock would be a brilliant signing - but the Bulls would have to have mad cow disease to let him go! He's only about 27 or 28 I think?
What about a straight swap, Newton for Peacock? Same age, same ability, same wages. We could use Peacock, they DEFINITELY need a hooker, we could start Godwin and have Beswick available as emergency cover (I hesitate to mention the rumour I heard about Micky Higham coming to Wigan!).
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

He was a liability though. He wasn't the best last line of defence we ever had and for a decent full back that is of the upmost importance and as I said apart from the high ball, which i concede, he was the best ive ever seen at, there was nothing else to his game. Yes we are poles apart and your opinion isn't right and neither is mine. As usual we will just have to agree to disagree :exc:
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Doug Stand posted;
No the likes of Peacock and fielden won't come to us. Why would they, we probably couldn't give them any more money than what they are on so why would you want to move down a standard for a less money. No, if they are to leave Bradford then they'll go Aus.
Remember this Doug when Peacock turns out for Leeds next season. :conf:
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

hayley 04 posted:
Are we talking about the full back Steve Hampson because apart from being able to diffuse a high bomb the man was a liability. He certainly wasn't a good player by any stretch of the imagination IMO.
Stay off the loopy juice :) :)
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

jj posted;
What about a straight swap, Newton for Peacock?
I would defo consider this.