joel tomkins is he a centre

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jolleymike

Re: joel tomkins waste of space

Post by jolleymike »

So what your saying is that I can't criticise a player who bombed two certain tries and who was out of position on more than one time this season to expose charnley and on the one occasion this match where he had to cover on the wing coz charnley had made a tackle that he missed. How many times this season have teams targeted charnley and Joel to come up with points.

Don't get me wrong had the cristal ball showed me the challenge cup win and reaching the semis then I would have been happy at the beginning of the season, but to show such promise to be let down at the last herdle is dissapointing.

I look forward to next season as a season ticket holder hoping that we can move on from this season with a new coach in charge.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

If your saying he's a waste of space at centre, then blame the coach and I suppose he's a waste of space as well.
TSB

Post by TSB »

How very fickle are our supporters. The lads have put there bodies on the line all season. It was just one of those nights. I for one will be buying a season ticket for next season. cant wait. WELL DONE BOYS FOR A TERRIFIC JOURNEY. :eusa2: :eusa2:
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

Next season Joel will revert back to second row to replace the departing Ryan Hofmann, I really hope he can emulate hofmans work rate and quality, for me he's an average centre pushed in to that position coz Hofmann took his place, who will replace his centre position is yet to pan out o just hope mr lenegan had a tabor up his sleeve
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Jolleymike, what were your thoughts of Joel at the CC Final?

Your thread is idiotic. He's not a waste of space, he just had a bad game.

Please tell me of one player in history that never had a bad game?

Your points are relevant but give the lad a break. He IS one of our best players. Just be adult enough to accept that the best team won!!!!!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
armstrong87

Post by armstrong87 »

when was the other try he cost us? i only remember the one in 1st half and this was as a result of a poor pass.yes he stil should have taken it but u cant blame him just for that!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The lad has done well playing out of position but he is not a centre. We need more pace and craft in the backline in general and this is something that IL and SW need to fix if we are to continue our success.

To blame one man is pathetic, anyone who has played RL will tell you that you win as a team and lose as a team. As a whole we were second best tonight.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

jolleymike wrote:as a season ticket holder
You're not a season ticket holder any more are you Mike, and you didn't go tonight even thought the rest of us did.

:D :D
centralparkforever

Post by centralparkforever »

We have missed Martin Gleeson this season. Joel has filled in well but everyone is comparing it as a master stroke by Madge convering him into a centre. Have heard comparisons to Greg Inglis. He is a class running second row forward and should start there next season.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Joel made crucial errors and so deserves some criticism. This is playoff football and there is no opportunity to make up for them in the next game as there is in the league because there is no next game. Games turn on crucial plays or incidents and Joels mistakes cost us tonight. There is no hiding from that and I am sure he won't either.

It is not the league where things even out over the course of a season so players have to be on top form and he wasn't. The old "all players have an off day" saying doesn't apply to play off football because the implication is the off day is of little consequence in the grand scheme of things. It's OK to say that for the league but not the playoffs.

In general disregarding tonight's game is there anyone who genuinely wants him at centre again next season? Not only is he not a centre but we lose him from the pack where he is one of the best running 2nd row forwards in the game.